decode and send 433mhz rf signals with arduino

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Look this up on google for instructions to do this. I cannot get it to work for several possible reasons. The interrupt code I presume to be 'enable receive(0)'. Waiting for a digital zero to start the interrupt code. When there is no signal from my remote for the mains power switch I am getting voltages ranging from 2.7-3.3 which must be random noise voltages from the data out of my receiver. When pressing the remote button I get a steady 1.8v.
For a 5v power supply a low must be below 1.5v. Therefore the interrupt program can't run.
Another problem I see is the 'output' instruction. Shouldn't this be a 'print' instruction so the results can be seen in the serial monitor? Nothing at all appears on my serial monitor.
Can anybody suggest how I can get this sketch to work?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It is unlikely that anyone would be able to help with such little information. All we know is that you are using Arduino.
Show us your circuit and your code.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Look this up on google for instructions to do this. I cannot get it to work for several possible reasons. The interrupt code I presume to be 'enable receive(0)'. Waiting for a digital zero to start the interrupt code. When there is no signal from my remote for the mains power switch I am getting voltages ranging from 2.7-3.3 which must be random noise voltages from the data out of my receiver. When pressing the remote button I get a steady 1.8v.
For a 5v power supply a low must be below 1.5v. Therefore the interrupt program can't run.
Another problem I see is the 'output' instruction. Shouldn't this be a 'print' instruction so the results can be seen in the serial monitor? Nothing at all appears on my serial monitor.
Can anybody suggest how I can get this sketch to work?
It is unlikely that anyone would be able to help with such little information. All we know is that you are using Arduino.
Show us your circuit and your code.
type into google this "
"decode and send 433mhz rf signals with arduino"
and you get full instructions for doing this. All the information you need is there Mr Chips. My post would be far too long if I had to repeat everything on the instructions which are available if you type into google search the exact words at the head of this post. Then all will be clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Yep, it's a little ridiculous to ask multiple forum posters to do a google search and then guess at which result he is talking about instead of simply posting a link. He gets no help from me.

Bob

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hello,

Yahoo gives 7500 results when using the frase: "decode and send 433mhz rf signals with arduino", in advanced search.
https://search.yahoo.com/search?n=10&ei=UTF-8&va_vt=any&vo_vt=any&ve_vt=any&vp_vt=any&vst=0&vf=all&vm=i&fl=0&fr=altavista&p="decode+and+send+433mhz+rf+signals+with+arduino"&vs=

Without the exact link, we are into the blind.

Bertus
Google gives 83000. I have said in your search to put in the exact words. All the other references you are getting are not the exact words. I get it at the top of the list. Perhaps you should change to google.
Anyway I can give you the code if you use Arduino to check yourself. In examples scroll down to rc switch. In the extended box you will get 'rcswitch receive demo advanced'. This is the code but it doesn't give you full instructions for using it. Anyway here is the code;
Code:
=c#include <RCSwitch.h>

RCSwitch mySwitch = RCSwitch();

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  mySwitch.enableReceive(0);  // Receiver on interrupt 0 => that is pin #2
}

void loop() {
  if (mySwitch.available()) {
    output(mySwitch.getReceivedValue(), mySwitch.getReceivedBitlength(), mySwitch.getReceivedDelay(), mySwitch.getReceivedRawdata(),mySwitch.getReceivedProtocol());
    mySwitch.resetAvailable();
  }
}
I am getting nothing on my serial monitor. When I press my remote for remote control of a mains power outlet I get a steady 1.8v on a multimeter. This would be the average of data out from my receiver. When there is no signal the voltage is varying a bit around 3v.
There is no print statement to give values to the serial monitor. In the code the author may be using output to get the decode info to the serial monitor. Anyway its not working for me.

Last edited by a moderator: