Dc circuit help

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi EZ,
I have not been able to find an actual circuit diagram for that module, from what I can see, that 47K could be a problem.
E

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
What do you mean by “where is the l298 drive delay when sensor goes high?”
Hi,
You said in an earlier post that the output of the 555 was enabling a L298 motor driver module.
As I understand your posts, you want the motor to run when the sensor indicates a LOW level, which triggers a DW44/555 module, set as a Monostable delay.
When the sensor output goes high again, you want the motor to stop, but after a short delay.

But there will be no delayed motor OFF period, as the 555 output will go LOW as soon as the sensor output goes high.
That is what the Quote means.

Please post a sketch of the pulses versus time for the sensor, 555 and the L298 so that we can see exactly the requirement.

E

Attachments

Last edited:

ElctronicZombie

Joined Jan 19, 2020
Hi,
You said in an earlier post that the output of the 555 was enabling a L298 motor driver module.
As I understand your posts, you want the motor to run when the sensor indicates a LOW level, which triggers a DW44/555 module, set as a Monostable delay.
When the sensor output goes high again, you want the motor to stop, but after a short delay.

But there will be no delayed motor OFF period, as the 555 output will go LOW as soon as the sensor output goes high.
That is what the Quote means.

Please post a sketch of the pulses versus time for the sensor, 555 and the L298 so that we can see exactly the requirement.

E
Delay time will depend on how much of the filter material rolls up when activated, so I can’t really say till I build the unit. But with that jumper I put in from Vi on the DW to pin 2 on the 555 chip it activates and runs the delay even after the sensor goes high, I know it’s not right but it’s one step closer to figuring out what I need to getting it to work with out jumper if it’s possible.