Day laborer

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I do not have a good CV. I changed my career very often.
I'm looking for a simple career.
Which does not depend on a specific location.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I'll study.
But making small electronic assemblies to sell them, would not work?
That was my dream. Unfortunately, it never became a reality!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for the reply. I'll study.
But making small electronic assemblies to sell them, would not work?
That was my dream. Unfortunately, it never became a reality!
How can you hope to compete with an automated "pick 'n place" machine that can place hundreds of components, too small to see, per minute and then do the reflow step as well. Automated manufacturing has permanently displaced all the highly skilled assemblers from a bygone era. Many more jobs will be subjected to the same dynamic. Even Uber drivers may go the way of the dodo bird -- toward extinction. Your only defense is to procure the best education you can afford -- quickly!

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Mow lawns. Pool maintenance. Sprinkler repair. Outside maintenance/handyman.

Sounds stupid but I have 4 friends that started mowing lawns after various life events (divorce, hated being a CPA, got RIFed, degree in Anthropology not really profitable..) and all are very successful now, some just mowing lawns and doing pools but one is a major commercial landscaper in Dallas. Low barriers of entry and plenty of competition but all of them carved out successful businesses. The key was quality workmanship, good crews and solid customer service.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Mow lawns.
It sounds great, but how do I apply it?
I live in a small town.Where am I going to ask about this job?

I have applied many CVs, but unfortunately, no electronics company wanted me.
At one company, I worked for 6 months.
If useful, I can write down the names of the companies that refused me.

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
What do the people hate, or are tired of doing....in the region where you live.

Do the farms and businesses have a common complaint or dependable need.

What does your region need to be more comfortable.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010

I have applied many CVs, but unfortunately, no electronics company wanted me.
At one company, I worked for 6 months.
If useful, I can write down the names of the companies that refused me.
You do not ask about these jobs. You create them.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Do the farms and businesses have a common complaint or dependable need.
I've been thinking about this but I have not come to a conclusion.
What needs could someone have that I can satisfy? I'm poorer than most, but I can have internet access.

I was thinking of publishing an ad with "Various services". To look for me to tell me what needs they have.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I asked for counseling from Local Authority for Employment.
They wondered a little, but I did not leave it easy.

I told the counselor my story. He did not know what to say. He showed me other jabs where to apply. I applied unsuccessfully.

I've been looking at workaway.
E.g
https://www.workaway.info/hostlist-RO.html?Page=2
You will live in a barn. You will work for them. But for the food you pay for it.
Practically you have to pay to work there.
This is the new traned.I'm looking to work somewhere where to remain with some money.

Murphy said you cannot fall down from floor.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You will live in a barn. You will work for them. But for the food you pay for it.
Practically you have to pay to work there.
No, you don't pay to work there.

You work and earn money there.

They provide a service for you called dining.

You live there, do they charge you for your sleeping quarters?

They could determine the value of the food they process for you to eat, then lower your wages so they won't have to charge you for the meals.

The only place you could possibly live and eat free is with your parents.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
You work and earn money there.
If you want to contradict unjustifiably, I can not do anything.
I'm curious how much money will you earn there in the link I have indicated to you?

It seems to me that it is a way to hit that fallen person.
A proof that we all think so.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
When I was a kid, kids made money mowing lawns by walking around neighborhoods with their mower until they saw a lawn that needed mowing. They'd knock on the door and ask the resident if they wanted their lawn mowed. Of course, that's when gas was less than $0.25/gal and the cost of living was much lower...

You could do the same thing for any maintenance. Weed pulling, trash removal, painting, repair, etc.

What technical skills do you have to use with your internet access? I've heard of people making money helping people with on-line games. One established a character that acquired a lot of "skills" (in a dungeons and dragons type of game) and sold it to someone.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'm curious how much money will you earn there in the link I have indicated to you?
I don't know.

I do know farmers who provide homes for their laborers. I do know those people work hard. I do know they don't live lavishly.

The day laborers around here work for an agreed upon amount. That figure is an amount amicable to both the person and the laborer who will do the labor.

Those laborers know what their value is and will accept work only within their own values.

The question is ... what is your value? I'm sure you have a minimum in mind, as the maximum is probably very much higher.

You have a minimum number ... everyone does. If that link is below your number, then don't apply. It's your choice.

Did you think the person in the link doesn't have expenses for your living quarters and food? Both have a fair market value. Did that employer adjust the pay to actually recoup the costs of the amenities they provided?

One can have a starting salary of 100k per year. In some areas, their living expenses will leave a lot of money leftover. In others, not so much.

Don't compare labor prices based on where you live. Your expenses could be much higher.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Where are your family and friends. How did the rich make your life miserable? Did the rich prevent your parents and/or government from educating you? Who is responsible for your lack of skills?

Your country/government, your culture and your education limit your life....not the rich.

Man up. An attitude adjustment is necessary. Only you are responsible for your life. The money that I earned.......did not make or keep you poor. Most start out poor. It's not new.

The internet is a searchable library of all collective knowledge. Of all time.

Start reading. You now have access just like everyone else. No one knows more than you CAN know.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
About 8 years ago, I heard this: do simple jobs trying to become necessary and then indispensable. Found that an interesting advice.

In the realm of my activity, it worked like that for me with two of my biggest customers. Steady invoicing is the nice result. And a satisfied ego...:)

In 26 years, in only three occasions I said "I cannot" and for very solid reasons.

Be reliable
is my suggestion.