Datasheet / Model Number for Pulsing Relay

amsgh

Joined Apr 9, 2018
I'm looking for a relay with a 24V AC/DC coil that will "hold" a set of contacts closed/open (depending on N.O./N.C.).
DPDT is imperative so we can monitor the state of the relay through the other set of contacts.

N.O. Case:
Basically I need to energize the coil with 24V then close the contact. The contact won't open again until i remove the 24V AND apply it again.

It doesn't matter to me the duration of the 24V signal that energizes the coil. It can be pulsed or be constant until it is removed and reapplied which will result in a change of state.

If a 24V AC/DC coil solution is not possible we also have analog outputs (0-20 mA/ 0-10 VDC) that may be of use as well.

The reason for this is so that we keep field equipment like vfds runnning on a power loss to our i/o controllers. In the past we have used a sequencing relay from Dayton, but they are stopping production. (1EGU6)

Anyone have a model number??

amsgh

Joined Apr 9, 2018
Thanks! I'm assuming its enclosed like an icecube relay? Some suppliers just show the internal mechanism.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I'm looking for a relay with a 24V AC/DC coil that will "hold" a set of contacts closed/open (depending on N.O./N.C.).
DPDT is imperative so we can monitor the state of the relay through the other set of contacts.
Anyone have a model number??
I answered your other post.
I use these, P&B (TE) KBP latching relay.
Max.

I had to do a similar thing. Prevent a valve from opening if the valve was closed and the power went out.

I used a dual coil latching relay, but used constant signals to energize.

The activating signal came from a DPDT relay. When power to the relay died, it kept the same state that it was in.

when power was restored, it also kept the same state it was in.

I can;t remember if I had to add delays, but because the valve signal was AC and the relays were DC, I probably did have an inherent delay/, so during power-up it did not briefly switch.

The valves were air to open and air to close and I had back-up generator power available within few minutes.
Air was available when the power failed too.