DAC mcp4725 sometimes works fine and sometimes not

phys8

Joined Sep 16, 2021
Hello ,
I'm using a DAC component but sometimes its works and generate a sinusoidal signal AC and sometimes it generate a DC signal with 1.7V.

Can someone help me please

jojoAI

Joined Oct 8, 2021
Hi phys,

what is your load? Maybee the output current could be to high for the DAC. Can you also measure your input signal to be sure that the data bus works fine?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi phys.
You posted that you could not see the SDA signal line switching, is that correct.?

Is the SDA pin secure in the Uno and DAC connections.?

Are you sure the SDA is being controlled correctly by your Sketch.?

Post your Sketch.
E

phys8

Joined Sep 16, 2021
hi phys.
You posted that you could not see the SDA signal line switching, is that correct.?

Is the SDA pin secure in the Uno and DAC connections.?

Are you sure the SDA is being controlled correctly by your Sketch.?

Post your Sketch.
E
This is my code ,
I saw now SDA signal sometimes it gives SDA signal the normal but sometimes it gives a DC signal 5V , but Why

Attachments

jojoAI

Joined Oct 8, 2021
Hi phys,

you could try and use an other Arduino if you have one (to be sure that your Arduino isn't defect). One more option is to disconnect your DAC from the Arduino and then measure the SDA signal (so that no load is connected).
To be sure that the code works fine you can plot your output value over serial.print to your pc.

phys8

Joined Sep 16, 2021
Hi phys,

you could try and use an other Arduino if you have one (to be sure that your Arduino isn't defect). One more option is to disconnect your DAC from the Arduino and then measure the SDA signal (so that no load is connected).
To be sure that the code works fine you can plot your output value over serial.print to your pc.
I found the problem there is a short circuit and my board is blocked