Cut power in very short regular intervals

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Scottm355, Aug 1, 2016.

1. AnalogKid

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 1, 2013
    There are only 21 soldered connections in the circuit, 17 component pins and 4 input and output connector pins. That's a pretty small number, so this should be pretty easy to do on perf board if you already know how to solder. If you really want a pc board, several quick-turn prototype shops have free layout software. I've never used that stuff because I have a pro-level system at work, but they get pretty good reviews. You might start a separate thread asking about them to get more focused responses. There have been other threads regarding free layout packages.

ak

2. Scottm355

Thread Starter Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Hello All,

I can't believe its been almost 5 years since this thread started and I have still got half of the components in the garage to build the circuit and have been "going to" grab the rest when I get time. O well, life gets busy I guess.

Hoping to do something with this soon and provide some feedback.

3. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    How come it has been 5 years since it was started in Aug, 1, 2016?

4. Scottm355

Thread Starter Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Haha, just realised I was looking at the membership date of AnalogKid and not the thread date. That feels like a more realistic time span. I need to get some sleep lol.

5. AnalogKid

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 1, 2013
    Oh great. Now I feel old (er) !

ak

6. AnalogKid

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 1, 2013
    Reviewing the schematic in post #17 -

To increase the time between interruptions to 1 minute, increase R1 and R3 to 33K.
    To maintain the interruption at approx. 0.1 second, move the anode of D1 from Q7 to Q6.

ak