Current to voltage converter

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
What does the ground symbol connect to? That is importaint for the common mode voltage.

What TWO points do you use to measure U1A-1 (the op amp output)?

legolas11

Joined Feb 26, 2013
What does the ground symbol connect to? That is importaint for the common mode voltage.

What TWO points do you use to measure U1A-1 (the op amp output)?
i did not test it yet. i think i would connect it to the negative terminal of source (current source) . is there any problem to do that??

i would like to directly read the output through data logger. so i am thinking of connecting the output terminal of U1-A (pin 1) and ground point with data logger +/- connections.

legolas11

Joined Feb 26, 2013
I am trying to test the circuit by supplying current (1.5 mA) using the CC mode of a DC supply. But i can not identify any change in ouput voltage with the change in feedback resistance(200 ohm - 1 kohm). I am using 12 volt single power supply. and the output i am recieveing around 1.3 volt. i attached a multimeter in series with input and the current remain almost constant with the change of resitors. can anyone tell me what is excatly wrong here. I tried using 3 different ICs lm358,lm393 and ltc1052. but i could not amplify the signal with either of them.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
i wanted to use woth available one....currently i have ina 121, AD823, lm 393....seems like ina121 would be suitable...
The INA121 is an instrumentation amplifier and is not suitable. They have internal feedback circuits and normally are not used with any external feedback.
You need an op amp for your circuit. The AD823 should work fine with 800μV maximum input offset voltage and 25pA maximum input bias current.