Curious about forum rules

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Your best answer would come from any moderator on the forums. Just shoot any of them a PM (Private Message). My thinking is no. With any load on a battery you simply measure the load current. With a load where the current may not be stable shoot for an average. Lets say I have a battery rated at 12 Volts 7.0 AH. That means with a 7.0 Amp load in theory my battery will last for 1.0 hour before the voltage drops. The same battery in theory would power a 14 amp load for 30 min or 1/2 hour. With a 0.5 amp load the battery will last for about 14 hours. I say in theory because with a heavy load like 7.0 amps I am not likely to see one hour. Much depends on battery composition and age. You really only care about the load current and battery rating.

Ron

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
"ping any of the moderators" I don't remember typing that but in general all moderators are here to help.

There is a list of moderators that are online somewhere but I can't find it now but Scott probably know where it is. @ScottWang Where is that list?