CT Voltage Rating: Ph-Ph or Ph-N?

Mr.Meter

Joined Jan 24, 2016
For a CT with the following rating:

0.3B0.5, 0.6kV, 10kV BIL

Does that 0.6kV rating refer to the Phase-Phase voltage, or the Phase-Neutral voltage?

Example: I have a 690/398V secondary coming off a 24940/14400V (3P4W-3P4W) step down transformer.

The CT's 0.6kV spec is fine for the phase-neutral voltage or 398V, but it is out of range for the phase-phase voltage of 690V. Since the CT's will be installed each on a single phase, I assume the 0.6kV rating is OK. But I am having trouble confirming that.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mr.Meter

Joined Jan 24, 2016
Does this http://www.mgmtransformer.com/faqs/what-is-bil-and-how-does-it-apply-to-transformers/ help?

So would the CT see 600 V with respect to itself. I think the answer is no. There is likely enough real separation to the other phases.

Now, if you just though the CT's in a small box with a tangled mess of wires, then all bets are off.
Thanks for your response. The BIL I understand for the most part. But the actual voltage rating I am concerned about.
As you mention, the CT will never see 600V with respect to itself. But it will be in a cabinet with 3-phases inside.

In this instance, the secondaries will be connected to paddles in the Transformer secondary enclosure. The dimensions of which are approximately 4'h x 3'w x 2'd.

This is all a mock-up project for a job application so I want to make sure I get the voltage rating right