Creating cellphone application for computer control

John29

Joined Oct 13, 2016
Hi,

I have a computer and a cellphone. On the cellphone I would like to create some control application. My objective is to control visual studio c++ simulation buttons and 'code choices' that's are on a computer, '' from a cellphone'' which is connected wirelessly with the computer when I open the cellphone control application. From the cellphone application, I would like to give tasks to the computer visual studio. For exemple, every button that I press on that cellphone application should be linked with ''tasks or choices'' on the visual studio software application. For example if I press cellphone number '1' than it should mean run simulation on the computer,another example is, if I press the cellphone's button '2', it could mean 'do case 1: I am 20 years old', if i press button '3', it could mean ' do case 2: I am 25 years old'. I would like to know how I can do something like that?

Thanks

John29

Joined Oct 13, 2016
How do you want the phone to communicate with the tablet? Wifi, Bluetooth, or some other medium?
I would first like to do it with Bluetooth that if it works I would like to try 2G, 3G or 4G (long distance MAN or WAN) technology for exemple gsm. Also, I would like to know if there is big implementation difference between Bluetooth and long distance technologies like gsm or some stuff would repeat? If yes what?

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There are commercially available "remote controls" for computers. Have you looked at any of these? There are even wireless mice with scads of programmable buttons.

My point is, I would exhaust all commercial options before building my own. I think a remote control application would not be huge challenge for a skilled programmer, but turning yourself into that programmer is a big job.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There are technologies that enable remote control of a computer from another, and I believe there are also apps that use this. Perhaps it would save a lot of coding to build on those. There might even be open source stuff you could start with.

Creating an app with buttons to push is easy. Negotiating a secure connection to a distant computer is not.

John29

Joined Oct 13, 2016
There are technologies that enable remote control of a computer from another, and I believe there are also apps that use this. Perhaps it would save a lot of coding to build on those. There might even be open source stuff you could start with.

Creating an app with buttons to push is easy. Negotiating a secure connection to a distant computer is not.
Thank you for the information