Creating a Voltage Feedback Amplifier Using Specific Requirements

ilikebeingbad

Joined Mar 25, 2019
Hey everyone, I am attempting to learn electronic circuits and I have recently come across voltage feedback amplifiers. I am trying to design one of these amplifiers that I will test physically in order to make sure that my design works not only in simulation but in the lab as well. The design specifications are:
3 (2).png
I will be using LTSPICE in order to simulate my design. Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly lost when it comes to these voltage feedback amplifiers.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi ilike,
Welcome to AAC.
As this is homework please post your attempt at the design, we can then guide you through the project.
E

If you have a LTS asc file, please post it.

ilikebeingbad

Joined Mar 25, 2019
After working through my textbook some and trying to find an ideal design I have come up with this so far.
image1 (3).jpeg
My confusion with these circuits comes more from figuring out what values my components need to be in order to meet the requirements that I have previously posted. I can work through circuits fairly well but designing them from scratch has been tough for me. Would this basic circuit layout work for what I am trying to accomplish?

ilikebeingbad

Joined Mar 25, 2019
upload_2019-4-1_14-57-55.png
With this circuit that I have designed how would I check to see if the circuit is matching the design requirements in LTSPICE? I am not very good with using the commands to check the closed loop mid gain and closed loop bandwidths.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What's the purpose of the grounded-base amplifier Q1?
Grounded base amps are usually used to go from a low impedance to a high impedance and I don't see that in your circuit. :confused:
Q2's base is a low impedance input.

ilikebeingbad

Joined Mar 25, 2019
I am not 100% certain on why Q1 is needed but after talking with my professor and checking the textbook, all examples have that stage in the circuit for these voltage feedback amplifiers so I have been trying to follow the examples. If you have an idea on a better method I would love to discuss that as well!