Creating a mod 100 counter using two 4510 mod 10 counters count up and count down on multisim

DeadlyEddy

Joined Jan 18, 2018
I've just started to learn about counters and for an assignment I have to make a MOD - 100 counter using two 4510 mod 10 counters that would count up when the direction pin is true and count down when false. One counter would represent the tens digit and the other the ones digit.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I've just started to learn about counters and for an assignment I have to make a MOD - 100 counter using two 4510 mod 10 counters that would count up when the direction pin is true and count down when false. One counter would represent the tens digit and the other the ones digit.
Okay... so what is it you need help with? I'm not seeing any questions or issues here.

What have your done so far?

DeadlyEddy

Joined Jan 18, 2018
Okay... so what is it you need help with? I'm not seeing any questions or issues here.

What have your done so far?
I have so far two mod 10 counters connected together from the count out pin from the first counter to the count in pin of the second counter. Then from Q1 to Q4 on both counters i have a 330 ohm resistor connected to and LED to help show if its counting in BCD. But when i connect a four pin hex display to both counters it shows that it is counting when i need it to count up. (note. P1 to P4, R, updown, pins are not connected to anything)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I have so far two mod 10 counters connected together from the count out pin from the first counter to the count in pin of the second counter. Then from Q1 to Q4 on both counters i have a 330 ohm resistor connected to and LED to help show if its counting in BCD. But when i connect a four pin hex display to both counters it shows that it is counting when i need it to count up. (note. P1 to P4, R, updown, pins are not connected to anything)
PLEASE don't try to describe in words how things are hooked up. Post a picture of your schematic!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
from Q1 to Q4 on both counters i have a 330 ohm resistor connected to and LED to help show if its counting in BCD
I don't know if Multisim will correctly simulated loaded outputs. You should read the datasheet to see how much current an output can sink/source to see if your choice of 330 ohms is appropriate.

As I recall, Multisim requires largish currents before it will turn on LEDs. In actual circuits, LEDs will turn on at very low currents; especially ultrabright variants.