Creating a chronometer using digital electronics.

Eudécio Gabriel

Joined Jun 24, 2018
I must create a chronometer that counts up to down, and down to up with four displays, the first display must represent the minute (counting until it reaches the number nine) the other two displays will count seconds and the fourth display with count from 0 to 9 thousandths (for example 800 thousandths and 900 thousandths).
The user will be able to choose where the chronometer start to count down, for example 03:45:900 until it reaches 0:00:000, or 05:23:200 until it reaches 0:00:000.
The chronometer will also be able to count from 0:00:000 until it reaches 9:59:900 and it must stop.

Can you give me some tips? I'm having a lot of trouble finding this project online.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
When you say you "must" do you mean its an assignment or something you need? Do you want to do it with microcontrollers or discrete devices?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It is my understanding that the idea of homework is to do it yourself. There must me hundreds of projects on line that are clock projects that give you ideas.

Get started and people will be glad to give some tips.

If it were me I would do it with a mcu like a pic.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I would note that 1/10 second accuracy is false precision for a button controlled timer. You might want to consider making the last digit alternate between 0 and 5 counts.

Eudécio Gabriel

Joined Jun 24, 2018
No, that was another project. I want to create a chronometer I already started creating a counter. In my toughts I must send a clock when the last number reaches 0, so the next display will count one more number and so on.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
No, that was another project. I want to create a chronometer I already started creating a counter. In my toughts I must send a clock when the last number reaches 0, so the next display will count one more number and so on.
Post a schematic or block diagram for your thoughts. And be explicit about whether this is school work. You might call it a project, but if it's for school, we consider that homework.