Covid Projects, Post any Pics or comments.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Roads are plaster. Shoulders were outlined with balsa stripwood and the plaster troweled between. They were then painted varying shades of grey. Shoulders were formed by sifted dirt. The surfaces were additionally aged by brushing the sifted dirt over the painted surface. Everything was then fastened with thinned matte medium.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
95A25E05-E84D-4846-BAE6-C43DE0AED613.jpeg
Now corner beed, tape, and mud. Getting closer since I only have a couple hrs a day, can’t wait for paint. I’ll get my Granddaughters over got 5 of them. It’ll get done quickly. Once it’s clean I’ll put up shelves and some other goodies, don’t know if I’ll paint the floor or pressure wash and lay some sticky tile.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have always wanted to build a tube amp.

I have so much stuff in my junk pile that I've decided that it is now or never.
Just got started last night. Time to cut some holes in the chassis.
In case you're asking, I have such an eclectic assortment of parts that I am not working from any particular design. It will be design as I go.

Just reading about the thread on Virtually useless meters, now there's an idea. I have some of those too.

Tube amp.jpg

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Yes, half. I also chose 1/2” sheet rock, I did rent a lift to put the sheet rock up to the ceiling. Old concrete isn’t easy to set anchors so I drilled them, the gun just couldn’t do it.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

In case you're asking, I have such an eclectic assortment of parts that I am not working from any particular design. It will be design as I go.

Just reading about the thread on Virtually useless meters, now there's an idea. I have some of those too.

View attachment 229870
Sweet let see progress no matter how long it takes, gosh mine is like 3 months long but holiday and workdays with only 2 hrs to spend some things take time.

kv

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Sweet let see progress no matter how long it takes, gosh mine is like 3 months long but holiday and workdays with only 2 hrs to spend some things take time.

kv
I know what you mean. I finished our basement and it took me 5 years to complete. Our first kid was 2 years old when I started. By the end of it she was able to help me do the plastering. I recently put in new flooring on the main level. It was amusing to read all the graffiti and artwork that the kids had left behind on the original under flooring.

PowellRog

Joined Feb 11, 2021

View attachment 229870
Good luck with your build, tube amplifiers will always be the best !!!!

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I'm down to putting in the final stage of my tube amp and tone controls next.

Tube amp3.jpg

Then last night while laying in bed I remembered that I have been hanging on to this spring reverb tank for over 40 years with no place to go. Now I have a genuine reason to use it.

Tube amp4.jpg

I cannot decide if I should hide it underneath the chassis or showcase it on top for its geek appeal.