Covid Projects, Post any Pics or comments.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I 3D printed a drive chain for a smaller RC project that turned out very well. Load is under 10lbs. I think the mower is going to weight much more, about 50lb. Don't know yet.

DSC06317.JPG

wheel_and_track.jpg

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Those look nice, but I'd be worried about the srength and for something outdoors the UV resistance. I have again from experience, little to no trust in either 3D printed or even stereo-lithographic plastic parts. The S-T from working with that process and the 3dP from the things my son brought home from his work. In real life those processes are mostly used to be a proof of concept hands on item not something that will last. But that's just my opinion and experience with it.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Agreed. This is a toy and just a proof of concept. It is not intended to be for commercial or industrial application.
The actual project I named SCAR - Sidewalk Chalk Robotic Artist - intended to provide fun and entertainment for kids and adults, to draw messages, graffiti and images of people's faces on the sidewalk with ordinary chalk sticks. Just another one of my COVID projects on the go.

I have a video of it in its early development stage I will post later.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Where I worked the used S-L to make things like prototype electrical connector bodies, switch buttons even gear shift knobs, Then they were sent to a evaluation panel to see if they thought it was of the correct shape and characteristic.

My son works for a company that makes deck and porch type railings and accessories. They use the parts in the same way to show customers their new ideas and judge what will sell or not.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
While I still have my Garage on hold until I can move my Fathers Trust items collected on the floor of the Garage waiting for a ”Estate Sale” I’m faced with a challenge, a drill battery 14.4vdc Dewalt Drill Battery only charging to 6vdc. So, I found how to rejuvenate a battery online, which shows put the battery on a 12vdc car charger for about 30sec and then charge, I was successful charged it past the 6vdc to 10vdc, but no more, so some cells are likely needing to be replaced.

That ended with needing a spot welder to do a proper job. So, I thought I’ve always wanted one and found this…………

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Going to be working on my Garage Project again, right now it’s minimal mud and paint, I changed the project to recording studio, I’ll need to run some wire under the floors, I might put a window on a connecting wall to my living room/library/study. I’ll open up the rear for drums, then add some XLRs as inputs, also prepare the ceiling for drop Mics, the project is for combination Podcasting, Youtube, or other media publishing.

I was thinking along the lines of cable management under the floor because I already have a hole where my plumbing and additional wiring go. A raised floor like the one in my Universities head end network room is what I was thinking of unless someone has a better idea?

kv

1635591924783.jpeg

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
This is the fourth pandemic project I am in now.

After struggling more than 10 days with a PIC 18F2321 I went to one old monster, the venerable 18F4431!!.

Minutes ago I got the basic, up and running. Now it is going to be pure judicious programming to get the effects in the panel.

The time I spent struggling with essential tremor (more and more severe in the last months), is incredible. I watch my hands doing incredible things sometimes. Such is life.

20211030_095942.jpg

20210904_151110.jpg

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is the fourth pandemic project I am in now.

After struggling more than 10 days with a PIC 18F2321 I went to one old monster, the venerable 18F4431!!.

Minutes ago I got the basic, up and running. Now it is going to be pure judicious programming to get the effects in the panel.

The time I spent struggling with essential tremor (more and more severe in the last months), is incredible. I watch my hands doing incredible things sometimes. Such is life.

View attachment 251483

View attachment 251484
Nice. But what is it going to do?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Don't know if any one is interested in my project but there has been some progress. Tracks are done, rubber pads contact cemented in, and Flex-Seal liquid rubber piped in to the gap between the steel and rubber.
Had to use my second choice of contact cement, DAP original, seems that my first choice a 3M industrial grade, or for that matter any of the contact cements that aren't water born can't be sold now. The good stuff only comes in quarts, and can't be shipped, only pints now. Or 5 gallon or 55 gallon drums.

Attachments

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
More. The front sprocket frames and adjusting mechanisms. And a mock up of how the tracks will fit on the machine. I used a chain without the pads because the finishe track assemblies weigh 95 pounds. Not going to fight with them until the front frames are done and installed.

Attachments

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Update: Pocket doors

BE15D434-B2BB-47FC-8F16-B22A4897FF76.jpeg

D4DEF07E-185F-448D-9F9E-CC249A0D3F93.jpeg

7E8173A6-87E5-4285-8F57-8A8FBC6DD57D.jpeg

Had a good friend, Machinist add my new rollers to my old Pocket Doors. $24 total, his cost a six pack lol

kv

Edit: Will add my additions when I’m ready to show the update on my recording studio.