Counter that counts from 99 to 00 with start/pause button.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi p3,
Look at these marked up drawings, your Bread Board layout is almost correct, but has one PL line error and is not wired according to your diagram.

If you wire the board as per the circuit it should operate as expected.
Get it working as shown, then consider how you would add those extra push buttons.
Added the IC pin numbers.
E

Attachments

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
hi p3,
Look at these marked up drawings, your Bread Board layout is almost correct, but has one PL line error and is not wired according to your diagram.

If you wire the board as per the circuit it should operate as expected.
Get it working as shown, then consider how you would add those extra push buttons.
Added the IC pin numbers.
E
i think that i misunderstanded your circuit, because i saw the /PL and the Preset going in to pl so i though "oh i have to connect the Preset at both /PL", where exactly the Preset and both /PL are connected ?

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
hi,
Yes,
Let me know when you have it working.
E
i did the connection like your circuit, but the problem now is that i can't control the digits using the buttons at CPU, also i needed to set p0,p1,p2,p3 at low, otherwise the display wouldn't turn on1621260651459.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
i did the connection like your circuit, but the problem now is that i can't control the digits using the buttons at CPU, also i needed to set p0,p1,p2,p3 at low, otherwise the display wouldn't turn on
hi,

When you pressed the Start button, did the circuit count Down as expected.?

I did say that you would have to modify the circuit if you wish to control the individual Digits.

What are ' p0,p1,p2,p3' I do not see them on the drawing.?

E

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
hi,

When you pressed the Start button, did the circuit count Down as expected.?

I did say that you would have to modify the circuit if you wish to control the individual Digits.

What are ' p0,p1,p2,p3' I do not see them on the drawing.?

E
Sem título.png
p0-15 and p3-9 are connected in VCC and p1-1 and p2-10 are connected in GND.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
From your drawing I thought you had already done that.?

Of course you must have '1001' decimal 9 on the 192 Parallel inputs.

ESP_ 282.png

Last edited:

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
hi,
From your drawing I thought you had already done that.?

Of course you must have '1001' decimal 9 on the 192 Parallel inputs.

View attachment 238804
yes, i did that, the problem that i found is if i connected the /PL pin of both IC at the push button, it will lose that automatic part, and i'm still having problem with the counter stoping at 99 with everything wired correctly

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
So when you press the Start button does it show '99' and then start counting down to '00' and then '99'.?

What are you using to generate the clocking pulse that goes into the AND gate.?

E

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
So when you press the Start button does it show '99' and then start counting down to '00' and then '99'.?

What are you using to generate the clocking pulse that goes into the AND gate.?

E
in my actual circuit yes, i'm using the a timer and the Q of 74ls74 for the AND input gate.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
As you can see it works OK in my LTSpice simulator.
If your connections are the same mine in the circuit it suggests a difference in the simulators operation.??

What is the name of your simulator.?

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
As you can see it works OK in my LTSpice simulator.
If your connections are the same mine in the circuit it suggests a difference in the simulators operation.??

What is the name of your simulator.?
it's the one that i sent you yesterday, where you painted with a green line the /PL wire

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
i was checking in some other forum that if i don't reset or clear the 74ls192 the count will keep counting, how can i do that ?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
How can it keep counting if the AND gate has been disabled by the 7474 being reset by the TCD going Low..??
ie: no clock input, no count.
E

p3triix

Joined May 12, 2021
hi,
How can it keep counting if the AND gate has been disabled by the 7474 being reset by the TCD going Low..??
ie: no clock input, no count.
E
oh, i'm so sorry xD the problem was exactly what you just said, i was using a NAND gate instead of an AND, everything is working now, thank you very much my friend, you helped me alot!!