Could someone please check my workings for Thevenin Thereom

Biggsy100

Joined Apr 7, 2014
Hi All, I have a fairly straight forward paper/Assignment to complete on Analysis of Passive circuits. I am confident that I am on point but would greatly appreciate some feedback.

Attachments

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Why is this in Physics, not Homework?

And why have you not labelled your variables on your diagram so your working can be checked?

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You should also provide a diagram of what you are doing for the Thevenin's equivalent circuit. Relating these kinds of concepts in words alone is prone to all kinds of misunderstandings.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi see attached.
In your very first line of work you use I1. But you never define what I1 is (that I can tell). So how much effort can you expect some stranger on the internet to put into figuring out how you've defined your currents? Hint: Not much. How much effort can you expect a grader to put into figuring out how you've defined your currents? Hint: Not much more.

You need to learn how to communicate your concepts to your audience. Usually the best way to do this is with an annotated schematic show ALL voltage and currents that you use ANYWHERE in ANY of your equations related to that schematic. This means not only showing WHERE the voltage or current is, but the DIRECTION (polarity) as well.