Could anyone give me an inverter schemtaic?

delajoker

Joined Aug 7, 2007
i need schematics for an inverter, something that turns DC to AC.

the input would be 3.6 DCV, 500 mA; output is 3.6 ACV or anything that would fit my purpose.

my purpose: AC is needed to run a transformer, but my source is DC.

web links would do.

thanks.:confused:

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
O.K.Good new and bad news....It is possible, but not as simple as it sounds !!!!!....Getting an AC square wave from a DC source is very simple, but your transformer may not like that....Getting an AC sine wave of 3.6 volts from a DC 3.6 volt source at a reasonable current is not so simple....If the input voltage can be higher that 3.6 volts, it would make it all a lot easier and more efficient....We will need more info, like what sort of load you would expect from the inverter....Good luck....Daniel.

John Luciani

Joined Apr 3, 2007
i need schematics for an inverter, something that turns DC to AC.

the input would be 3.6 DCV, 500 mA; output is 3.6 ACV or anything that would fit my purpose.

my purpose: AC is needed to run a transformer, but my source is DC.

web links would do.

thanks.:confused:
What frequency and home much output current?
Here are some transformer driver IC part numbers. I believe they
operate in the 10-300KHz range. I am not sure if they run on 3.6V DC
LT3439, MAX845, MAX253, MAX256

You could also make a transformer driver using a 555 timer.

(* jcl *)

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Ah well...As I said before, the (square waves) I.E. those generated by a 555 may not be suitable to drive a transformer for some applications because a standard iron cored transformer will not function as it would normaly driven with a sine wave...If you need to run this inverter at the standard 50Hz sine wave, you need to generate a digital sine wave, and couple of MOSFET's with some filtering to drive the transformer.....The next problem is efficiency... It will all depend on the way this is done, to get the best results....Daniel.