Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Canadian, not American.
I moved away from Vancouver BC to Toronto Ontario when all the hippies in Ontario went to Vancouver.
The unvaccinated and unmasked cowboys in Canada are in Alberta and when they recently had a stampede and rodeo, their hospitals became overwhelmed with Covid cases.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
but if the breakthrough cases are happening daily
The part about testing sounds like a literal pain.
They only get tested daily before doing their shift. But that doesn't mean they have a positive person daily. But it does mean that the place is taking this serious. It has a couple of different layers of people/patients, some like my wife that are in rehabilitation, some in assisted living and some with alzheimers, so they need to have a health staff.

@shortbus, how is your wife doing?
Thanks for asking, she's coming along well should be going home in a week or so.

Yes, it is an "amazing coincidence" as he calls it, because there is no reason given for the coincidence.
Go back to right before he talks about the new case drop. He says the spike occurred during and for days after the end of the Olympics, and they ended right about when the Ivectin was allowed, not approved but just allowed, to be used.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Go back to right before he talks about the new case drop. He says the spike occurred during and for days after the end of the Olympics, and they ended right about when the Ivectin was allowed, not approved but just allowed, to be used.
There are two events that happened together coincidentally. The allowance of Ivectermin is one. The end of the Olympics and the corresponding end of the period of infection transmission.

You’re saying it’s the Ivectermin. Others believe it’s the scientific end of the transmission period. You believe what you want but don’t attack the other point of view. Let them decide science versus coincidence.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Well Ontario has been trying to secede for a while but that didn't go over too well down heah even though Key West attempted it again and Texas is threatening to... Yeah, there have been quite a few "Covid Fests" around here since everyone but my wife and I seem to think Covid is over and done with and just some kind political phony funny business so it can be ignored. But what can you expect with all the stores, restaurants, schools, Federal, State, and local guberment offices all open and no mask required! Seems the only places still requiring masking are medical facilities, courtrooms, and looting stores for some strange reason. Maybe they missed the memo that it was all over with and just a govt. hoax? (Sarcasm off)

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I'm all for shots and boosters but we do need to think about where we're headed with the variant of the month path we are falling into.
1638229823722.png

The world has 7.94 billion people and about 1.5 billion of them are unvaccinated.
The Covid variants are formed in unvaccinated people.
Many people travel to unvaccinated countries and bring variants home when they return. The variant is now all over the world and the airports have lineups for many more travelers.
Visitors are also bringing variants.

Terefore we will have a variant-a-month until everybody is fully vaccinated and maybe also with a booster shot.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I wonder if drugs will finally be made legal if vaccination every 3-4 months becomes a requirement

But in all seriousness, how would anyone think this is a viable long term solution !?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I wonder if drugs will finally be made legal if vaccination every 3-4 months becomes a requirement

But in all seriousness, how would anyone think this is a viable long term solution !?
No, it's not a long term solution for a virus that can mutate to reduce vaccine effectiveness every 6 months and is contagious as hell. We need second generation broad vaccines that are less targeted to a specific part of the virus that mutations can change. My worry is not so much keeping CV-19 under control until it goes emdemic but what's the effect of fine-tuning the human antibody immune response system to a narrow set of infections when there are so many more other possible infections looking for a crack in the bodies immune armor. Human bodies don't have infinite resources to ward off infections and the older we get the few resources we have. So Boosts work but like with NOX on a engine, too much boost can have negative consequences...

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Society does not want selfish people who cause danger to people around them.
I am not defending rights of people that do have the Covid. i agree that those people should be isolated. however once the society starts demanding that healthy people are subjected to medical experiments they do not agree with, that is not a society i want to be part of. that society would need to change...

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
There are two events that happened together coincidentally. The allowance of Ivectermin is one. The end of the Olympics and the corresponding end of the period of infection transmission.

You’re saying it’s the Ivectermin. Others believe it’s the scientific end of the transmission period. You believe what you want but don’t attack the other point of view. Let them decide science versus coincidence.
I'm saying it has nothing to do with allowing Ivermectin. That was Dick Cappels that says infections dropped because of Ivermectin. All of the reports of it working have only been anecdotal, no trials no nothing. And it seems that even the doctors touting it as a prophylactic end up in the hospital with covid

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
society starts demanding that healthy people are subjected to medical experiments
You keep saying that or a version of it. When is it going to sink in the vaccine isn't an "experiment"? The use of mRNA to make vaccine is no longer "experimental" it's been a proven, working thing for many years now, just not politicized like those are doing now.

And sorry, but you seem to be one of those leading the politicization charge, at least on this forum.

The Chief Medical Officer in my area added a new word today. She said that vaccinations for Covid-19 are safe, effective and necessary.

I was right! About 30% of new cases of the virus are found in fully vaccinated people because only people who are infected get tested. Healthy people do not get tested so many tested people have the virus. The numbers of new cases announced every day do not say that fully vaccinated people who have the virus are not hospitalized because they have no symptoms or their symptoms are very mild. Everybody knows that all the hospitalized new Covid cases are only unvaxxed people.

For almost 2 years the medical people have said, "Don't Travel" but they did not say why. Because there are 1.5 billion unvaxxed people down there. (Africa, Brazil and Alabama etc).

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
The Chief Medical Officer in my area added a new word today. She said that vaccinations for Covid-19 are safe, effective and necessary.

I was right! About 30% of new cases of the virus are found in fully vaccinated people because only people who are infected get tested. Healthy people do not get tested so many tested people have the virus. The numbers of new cases announced every day do not say that fully vaccinated people who have the virus are not hospitalized because they have no symptoms or their symptoms are very mild. Everybody knows that all the hospitalized new Covid cases are only unvaxxed people.

For almost 2 years the medical people have said, "Don't Travel" but they did not say why. Because there are 1.5 billion unvaxxed people down there. (Africa, Brazil and Alabama etc).
Yes, people are hungry and poor in Africa and Brazil by choice also.

Remember, we are all in this together!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...tiful-women-due-to-omicron-variant/ar-AARfEAV
Despite Israel being one of the first countries to close its borders due to concerns around the new Omicron COVID variant, it is still planning to host a cavalcade of beautiful women at the Miss Universe pageant at the Red Sea resort city of Eilat in December.

Tourism Minister Yoel Razvozov made the announcement on Sunday, a day after Israel said it was banning all foreigners from entering the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.