Convertors in Cars

Loup

Joined Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone,
For my job, I need to make a highly detailed presentation about Converters and electronic management in cars.
I need to know who it works, what we can found in a car, the architecture, which converters are used,... And all the information I can have.
I'm not really expert in this so I didn't understand who it works and I didn't found yet a website which explain it well.
If anyone has some web site or better, did already this presentation, it will be really nice!
Thank yu for your help!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi everyone,
For my job, I need to make a highly detailed presentation about Converters and electronic management in cars.
I need to know who it works, what we can found in a car, the architecture, which converters are used,... And all the information I can have.
I'm not really expert in this so I didn't understand who it works and I didn't found yet a website which explain it well.
If anyone has some web site or better, did already this presentation, it will be really nice!
Thank yu for your help!
Can I ask the purpose of this presentation and why they asked you to do it. That may help us direct you to appropriate resources.
I always found that in writing proposals it was important to know who was going to be listening to (reading) the proposal and what they needed (wanted) to hear.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Can I ask the purpose of this presentation and why they asked you to do it. That may help us direct you to appropriate resources.
I always found that in writing proposals it was important to know who was going to be listening to (reading) the proposal and what they needed (wanted) to hear.
Asking a non-expert to make a presentation could be a legitimate attempt to get started in a new area. Somebody has to start becoming the local expert.

But in my experience, it's more likely a way to assess the employee and introduce them to the audience. In other words the ulterior motives dominate.

It's crucial to be upfront and humble about a lack of expertise and not be a poser. There may well be people in the audience that already know more than anyone is aware. Everybody will cut slack to a new guy placed in the difficult situation of presenting outside their comfort zone. Why? Probably everyone has faced similar trials by fire. But the goodwill disappears when arrogance comes out.

1611358646131.png

Loup

Joined Jan 22, 2021
I work in a Electronic Safety team in Automotive. They need a database of all the used converters on cars, where they are located in it and the voltage they are facing