Convergence IC's?

philadelphia1

Joined Jun 24, 2016
Hello People,

Was wondering where I can find a reputable dealer so I can order a set of Original Sanyo convergence IC's. I've heard that eBay is just littered with fakes being pushed as the "real deal. "

Original Sanyo's have the part # stk392-560 laser etched into the chips and not silk screened on. The convergence went out on my television and I was told by a Sony technician that if the numbers come off with a little bit of acetone that they are indeed not OEM. He said the laser etching will not react/respond to acetone.

Anyone know where I can find a pair of these suckers?

Thanks for your input!

-Shawn in pa

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've never seen TV replacement parts in the market. I don't think they imagine there is any market for repairable televisions.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Look on Amazon (that's where my search led me). Do't know if they are counterfeit, but if they are, you should be able to get your money back.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that its not possible to get Original Sanyo Convergence IC's?
I'm saying the TV manufacturers have no incentive to sell their chips on the open market for competitors to acquire when there is virtually no repair market for televisions. They actually expect you to buy a new one when when something goes wrong. Let's just say that I will be surprised if you actually find what you are looking for from a reputable distributor who will give you your money back on a purchase of quantity 1.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Let's just say that I will be surprised if you actually find what you are looking for from a reputable distributor who will give you your money back on a purchase of quantity 1.
These are usually replaced in pairs, but your point is well taken (except if the part was counterfeit). You can have a difficult time even replacing parts from more modern TVs. Most TV repair nowadays is pull a board and replace it - virtually no troubleshooting to the component level.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Look on Amazon (that's where my search led me). Do't know if they are counterfeit, but if they are, you should be able to get your money back.
It hardly seems like those are new OEM parts. It is more likely that they have been salvaged from an existing set, given the small quantities available from each seller. Are these chips soldered in or are they in sockets? The pins look bent and deformed, but not like they have been de-soldered.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
That IC is available new here in Australia at WES components in Sydney for $20.45 + GST each. This company supplies Electronic repairers. There would be a very low turn over of this IC here in Aust. Ive thrown out heaps of new CRT TV & VCR parts as theres no demand for repairing these products any more.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That IC is available new here in Australia at WES components in Sydney for $20.45 + GST each. This company supplies Electronic repairers. There would be a very low turn over of this IC here in Aust. Ive thrown out heaps of new CRT TV & VCR parts as theres no demand for repairing these products any more.
Well I stand corrected since there is apparently one source remaining on the planet for these chips. My thesis on the repair of home electronics seems to be intact.