Control options for Honeywell HD6 PTZ

Samwhaaa

Joined Jun 1, 2018
6954802F-6831-4EAB-B11D-814DA7C18FB6.jpeg i recently acquired a Honeywell HD6 pressurised dome PTZ security camera. All the PCBs etc are connected and appear to have power (based on the indicator LEDs).

It runs from a 20VAC supply. All the external wiring is also present however no plugs/adaptors at (what would be) the wall side. I’ve scoured the Internet for over 2 weeks, have downloaded HD6 manuals, tried to educate myself on the different protocols (PELCO D, etc) but am still struggling to grasp a way to control the mount.

I’ve attached a picture of the PCB that the external wiring connects too. The top portion is obviously for TX, RX etc.

I just want to be able to control the mount (not overly concerned with the camera at this stage) through Arduino with maybe MAX232 IC and joystick, external PC joystick, through a PC itself.

I just don’t know what else I require or how to send/receive data from the mount.

Can provide more details/photos if necessary

Samwhaaa

Joined Jun 1, 2018
To simplify, what can/should I connect the RX+, RX-, TX+ and TX- I/Os on the mount pcb to that will enable me to control the pan and tilt?

Skullmaker

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, looking to see how the Adruino needs to be wired to control it. Give me some time. I have years on PTZ's, most of which are the Pelco series, but some Honeywell and others.

Skullmaker

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Here's a start... It is a Pelco Spectra III PTZ, but the Tx/Rx connections and controlling are the same. I would contact the author of the video and start asking questions. Wish I had more for you, bud.

Samwhaaa

Joined Jun 1, 2018
Here's a start... It is a Pelco Spectra III PTZ, but the Tx/Rx connections and controlling are the same. I would contact the author of the video and start asking questions. Wish I had more for you, bud.

Awesome man thanks for that. Will hopefully give me some guidance anyway.