Construction Power Pole

Lumenosity

Joined Mar 1, 2017
My home burned and has moderate smoke, water and damage to the electrical system.

What is the process to get a temporary, construction type power pole on the property so I could run lights and dehumidifier.

Thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
My home burned and has moderate smoke, water and damage to the electrical system.

What is the process to get a temporary, construction type power pole on the property so I could run lights and dehumidifier.

Thanks
Where are you? US, Canada, or someplace else?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If there is nothing left of the property, you should be able to set up a small shed/shop for working out of, and the supply company to divert the existing transformer supply to the If your set up.
If it is still temporarily habitable, you should have no problem getting the power restored, if protected from the elements.
At least in most of N.A.,
Check with your local service provider.
Max.

Lumenosity

Joined Mar 1, 2017
If there is nothing left of the property, you should be able to set up a small shed/shop for working out of, and the supply company to divert the existing transformer supply to the If your set up.
If it is still temporarily habitable, you should have no problem getting the power restored, if protected from the elements.
At least in most of N.A.,
Check with your local service provider.
Max.
Hello Max,
The house is still standing and has the roof intact along with all the walls.
The major damage is to the basement (2 story) with water damage and severe burn damage at the power panel.
The electrical system is probably toast.

I just want to set up a power pole so that I can run power to turn on a few lights and to run a dehumidifier all the time to dry out the interior.

There is no way to restore power to the house via the panel as it is severely damaged.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
When I put up a commercial building, the power company put up a temporary pole for power. It was simply an outdoor, 110 V receptacle that was used for temporary power to hand tools until I got permanent power to the building. As I recall, it didn't even have a meter.

There was no charge, maybe because I was also paying for a new transformer for the building. If electricity is off to your current panel, your only choices seem to be the power company or a portable generator. I believe only the power company is allowed to establish a connection to its supply.