Re-construction power board after fire....

Skallywampus

Joined Jul 15, 2017
Been working to understand this circuit board after fire. Harbinger v2112 class D powered speaker. I am using a graphics program to re create the board.....I have deduced this far..but need help from the guru’s. This mounting hole labeled M1 conducts through the board. where might it go? Any suggestions welcome! Bob upload_2019-5-12_14-2-18.jpeg

Attachments

mikewax

Joined Apr 11, 2016
so you're trying to repair the burnt board? sure it's possible, though i suspect most people around here will just dismiss the idea as too impractical. But if you have to do it, and have sufficient "before" pics of the undamaged board, then make a schematic and post it.
- the mounting hole with a ring of pads around it is for connecting the ground plane to the metal chasis.
- the 4 holes labelled "- ~ ~ +" are for a bridge rectifier with a sizeable current capacity.
- the 2 big circles are filter capacitors. post the schematic and some of the guys can tell you how big the old ones probably were.
looks like this thing heated up real slowly, although i don't get why the fuse, or whatever that thing was on the left side, is burnt literally to a crisp. but then, that's what fuses do.
of course you gotta replace all the caps, and you have to identify and replace the transistor/amp (the thing with the heatsink). and probably at least check the resistors. be damn sure to note the value of each component before you remove it.
given the simplicity of the device i'd say it's doable.

Skallywampus

Joined Jul 15, 2017
70488EF6-172B-4382-9A29-60962F411B18.png You are right....sorry, here is the correct picture. Perhaps I should try to draw out the schematic. I burned this board up when the metal ring on the wiring fell against the transformer..(my theory) This is a newbie learning exercise for me to understand amplifiers....a challenge to myself in learning....but I’m not there yet. Thank you for your time to advise me.....