Connecting a DS18B20 sensor to a 4 Pole Jack

boilermanc

Joined Jun 3, 2016
Hi all, could use some help in determining how the wires should be setup for soldering. I am trying to connect a DS18B20 sensor (temperature sensor) to a 4 pole jack. The jack is a 2.5mm Audio Plug 4 Pole Jack. I need it to connect into another device and thats what that device accepts.

here is a link to the DS schematics:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wir...AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=589#imgrc=36lF9R6ELgKr2M:

and here is a link to what I have found on the four pole...
https://www.google.com/search?q=sol...KyYKHf7MA34Q_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=_

thanks for your help!!

boilermanc

Joined Jun 3, 2016
Thanks Dendad!

so just to make sure i have this right...

1. Connect # 3 on the sensor to the 3.3v on the pin.
2. Connect # 2 to the GPIO14 on the pin.
3. Connect the grounds to the grounds.

and since it is a 3.3v it requires the 10k resistor?

and yes, i had read that article but it didnt help. thanks for helping me clarify. it was pretty cool how you can add other sensors. i had already learned about flashing it but i am fine with the current software on there for now.

thanks!

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Thanks Dendad!

and since it is a 3.3v it requires the 10k resistor?
"
The 10K and 0K resistors refer to the parts needed to be added to the SonOff PCB in the positions shown on the photo to feed GPIO14 out to the 2.5mm socket.
And yes, those connections to the sensor sound correct.
The SonOffs are great devices and very cheap too!
Have fun.

boilermanc

Joined Jun 3, 2016
Thanks Dendad, so your saying i need a 10k and a 0k resistor? and they have to be soldered on that board? crap, this is getting complicated! :)

Yes, i love them. i have rebuilt a hottub controller using them. works like a champ. i use alexa to turn it on and off and have set timers for the pump and heater to run. also runs the light :)

So now i need to get the temp setup and this is getting more complicated than i hoped for :(

thanks for your help!

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Thanks Dendad, so your saying i need a 10k and a 0k resistor? and they have to be soldered on that board? crap, this is getting complicated! :)

Yes, i love them. i have rebuilt a hottub controller using them. works like a champ. i use alexa to turn it on and off and have set timers for the pump and heater to run. also runs the light :)

So now i need to get the temp setup and this is getting more complicated than i hoped for :(

thanks for your help!
No, you don't need the extra resistors. That is just if you want to run the GPIO14 out to the connector so you have 2 ports and can do thinggs like I2C.
For the 1wire devices it is ready to go.