Connect a large Arcade Button to Arduino UNO R3

jim A

Joined Sep 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'd like to connect 6 of these button : https://core-electronics.com.au/large-arcade-button-with-led-60mm-white.html to my micro controller Arduino UNO R3.

I don't really need the LED to light on, I just wanna use the momentary switch function of this large button... Can I just connect the two pins of the signal directly without any resistor to my controller pins ?

(I actually would like to count the number of times I press this button, that's why I don't really need the LED to light on.)

Thanks a lot for your help !

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Yes but the LED will light up and drop voltage across it unless you can disable it. It has the current limiting resistor for the LED built into it from the description.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
You can config arduino pin as input with pullup, and connect button to
ground. So when its pressed the input goes to logic "0". Needless to
say you need to debounce button in software.

Note I could not pullup your link so not sure how LED is connected in
button. That may affect the prior statements above.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

jim A

Joined Sep 17, 2019
Yes but the LED will light up and drop voltage across it unless you can disable it. It has the current limiting resistor for the LED built into it from the description.
Hey Sam,

There are 4 pins on this Pushbutton (2 for the LED and 2 for the signal). What if I only connect the 2 pins for the signal to my Arduino controller ? I don’t think the LED will light on... the question is, can I leave the 2 pins for the LED disconnected ?