Component ID: 10U_0603_25V6M

RICKKAP

Joined Jun 16, 2022
Hello

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a shorted capacitor which according to the schematics is a 10U_0603_25V6M.

As explained above i understand all the values except the 6M and also what the tolerance will be. I searched Google but nobody references the above.

Please could someone help with decoding the 6M and what the tolerance would be.

Thank you.

Moderator edit: New thread created from this.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
IMHO the V is like a decimal point. So the working voltage is 25.6 volts and the M means ±20%, which to be honest seems high for a surface mount component.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
25 = working volts

V6 = capacitor characteristics - a range of properties, many temperature related, often manufacturer defined. Often you see values like C5, R6, R7, L8, V6, V9 etc etc. For general purpose use its not really an issue. Here's a snippet from one manufacturers datasheet:
1655400498063.png

{edit} The V6 may alternately define its packing, eg on reel, loose strips, etc.

M = 20% tolerance - typical for a MLCC at 10uF.

Unless your application is a very specific one you can ignore the V6 and use whatever you can lay your hands on - especially if its just a common power line decoupling/filtering capacitor, just make sure its a low ESR type.

Last edited: