Comparison between two SPICE models same component but different values

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Interesting. From the ONsemi site I see one of the models you are using, the -2 model, as part of a subcircuit with the parasitic elements specified explicitly.
This sub circuit might be closer to the mark than just the bare model.
Yes...thank you PB. I was unaware that the model statement represented only part of the spice model (I didn't download the model). Here is the IV curve.

Edit: Corrected symbol pin mapping per post#22.

1646452971984.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm puzzled as to why we got different results. I changed V2 from a PWL to a pulse so it would run faster and produce the usual sequence of colors for 6 traces. I did notice that the subcircuit has a different netlist order for the pins from the standard symbol and I accounted for that in making my own graphic for the AutoGenerated symbol from the subcircuit file.

1646450816519.png

Attachments

Last edited:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I'm puzzled as to why we got different results. I changed V2 from a PWL to a pulse so it would run faster and produce the usual sequence of colors for 6 traces. I did notice that the subcircuit has a different netlist order for the pins from the standard symbol and I accounted for that in making my own graphic for the AutoGenerated symbol from the subcircuit file.

View attachment 262121
:oops: You are correct. I corrected the symbol pin mapping. Results are similar now.
Been one of those days...sheesh..:(

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
So the correct model is the one with the BETA value on the uA and confirm that the model on the official website is correct. . Now I will open another post for the realization of the circuit with this component. Thanks everyone for the help!.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Dan
I would say Yes.
All the data we have gleaned so far states a very low Drain current device.

BTW:For reference, did you note the wide range of actual Beta values, 30uA through300uA
E
EG 1459.gif