Communication Protocol between a fuel dispenser and a Microcontroller

Sunnex0

Joined Apr 25, 2019
Good day guys,

I am currently working on a project where I need to get data from a fuel dispenser.
Due to the fact that it is not feasible for me to access a fuel dispenser , I am stock on get which communication
medium I can use to fetch data from the fuel dispenser to my microcontroller( Arduino, Raspberry,etc).

Please I really need on this.

Thank you

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Good day guys,

I am currently working on a project where I need to get data from a fuel dispenser.
Due to the fact that it is not feasible for me to access a fuel dispenser , I am stock on get which communication
medium I can use to fetch data from the fuel dispenser to my microcontroller( Arduino, Raspberry,etc).

Please I really need on this.

Thank you
Um... that information came from fuel dispenser. You know what it is. You know the model. You know the manufacturer. Go and dig it out.
Asking here is waste of time since we don't know anything about YOUR fuel dispenser.

Sunnex0

Joined Apr 25, 2019
Um... that information came from fuel dispenser. You know what it is. You know the model. You know the manufacturer. Go and dig it out.
Asking here is waste of time since we don't know anything about YOUR fuel dispenser.
Does the communication medium differ from each fuel dispenser?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Does the communication medium differ from each fuel dispenser?
Probably not from each fuel dispenser, but it's pretty much guaranteed that not all fuel dispensers use the same communications protocol.

You need to get the specific information for the specific make/model of dispenser you will be interfacing to.

Sunnex0

Joined Apr 25, 2019
Probably not from each fuel dispenser, but it's pretty much guaranteed that not all fuel dispensers use the same communications protocol.

You need to get the specific information for the specific make/model of dispenser you will be interfacing to.
Thanks
While I get the spec of the fuel dispenser, please what are the common communication medium for most dispenser ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thanks
While I get the spec of the fuel dispenser, please what are the common communication medium for most dispenser ?
I have absolutely no idea -- and it really doesn't matter, does it? If 99.9% of fuel dispensers use Protocol 99X but the fuel dispenser you need to interface to uses Protocol 42Z, then knowing that the rest of the world uses 99X does you no good whatsoever.