command sending from hyperterminal to thermal printer

cktcrazy

Joined Mar 27, 2011
hello

i am trying to send command from my computer hyperterminal to fujitsu thermal printer.but i don't know the format by which we can send command from hyperterminal for thermal printer.i am having the RTP5880I thermal printer.
i have gone through the user manual of RTP5880I. but there the commands are given but the format for sending the command is not given

for example in case of GSM modem as we use 'AT' command here incase of this printer ,which command is used and if u plz write a total command (for example)
then its better .
waiting for your response

thanks and regards
cktcrazy

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Have you tried using drivers for the printer? (if any are available.) Does this printer have a Serial, parallel, or USB interface?? Can you post a scan of the command lists from the manual??

cktcrazy

Joined Mar 27, 2011
Have you tried using drivers for the printer? (if any are available.) Does this printer have a Serial, parallel, or USB interface?? Can you post a scan of the command lists from the manual??

i have the user manual attached.i am using serial port.
commands are there in the user manual but
i need to know the format by which i can send that command from the hyperterminal of serial port.

regards
cktcrazy

Attachments

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
You have to send the control codes and commands to printer in either decimal or hexadecimal..... I do not believe you can send those types of control codes from hyperterminal.....

Here is the sample code from the user manual for resetting the printer...

[Name] Printer resetting
[Function]
The ESC @ command initializes the printer.
Code:
 [1B]16 [40]16

here is the equivalent in hexadecimal format used in VB:
(&H1B) + (&H40)