Coming Up with new Confusion,

Manu1

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Hey I have new Confusion, even though if I had read it probably forgotten.

12V voltage passing in circuit with 6A Current to 2 Ohms resistor.

Here my question is what is the out put of Voltage and current from resistor.
(it's taking 12V input and how many volts out put resistor will give? )
It is a series circuit.

Note : Explain in Simple way

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
When you put 12 volts across a 2 ohm resistor a current of 6 amps will make a complete loop thru both the resistor and the source of the 12 volts.

Whatever you may term an input or output is up to you, there is no standard here.

If you put something across the power supply or resistor (which are the same two points) then the supply will pass on the 12 volts up to what ever practical limit the real world supply has. That same 6 amps will still flow, though the supply will deliver an additional current to whatever you added.

Edited to correct current from 2 to 6.

Last edited:

Manu1

Joined Mar 30, 2016
When you put 12 volts across a 2 ohm resistor a current of 2 amps will make a complete loop thru both the resistor and the source of the 12 volts.

Whatever you may term an input or output is up to you, there is no standard here.

If you put something across the power supply or resistor (which are the same two points) then the supply will pass on the 12 volts up to what ever practacle limit the real world supply has. That same 2 amps will still flow, though the supply will deliver an additional current to whatever you added.
Register can resist voltage also right?

If yes why are you saying 12v still after passing through resistor?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
12 volts across a 2 ohm resistor a current of 2 amps
You slipped a digit.
why are you saying 12v still after passing through resistor?
Because you did not say what kind of circuit you want or whether there is some other load. This leaves people to guess what you want. Then they guess the two most likely ways and you ask why one of the guesses is not what you imagined for a circuit.

We can't read your mind from here.

Manu1

Joined Mar 30, 2016
You slipped a digit.

Because you did not say what kind of circuit you want or whether there is some other load. This leaves people to guess what you want. Then they guess the two most likely ways and you ask why one of the guesses is not what you imagined for a circuit.

We can't read your mind from here.
That's true, Okey let me upload an image of what I am working on but that's just my first try out hope you guys find bugs :p

Manu1

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Just you only give example voltage for that circuit and make it working circuit, by this hope I can understand how you guys do

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What is the purpose of R1? Each load has its own resistor, so you do not need another one.

If the lightbulbs (and fan) are designed for 12V, they do not need resistors either unless you want to reduce their brightness, or the speed of the fan.

As described in #2, you can add loads in parallel, as in your drawing, as long as the source can supply enough current for all of them. If you try to draw too much total current, the voltage will sag below 12V and all the loads will dim or slow.

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
You need to know the nominal voltage of the bulbs and the fan before you can design anything and know whether the 12V supply is capable of handling the load.

Manu1

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Here's a better drawing.
That's better one, but tried working on simulator but for bulb it gives the options to change only V and W. Why not Amps?.

My Complete Confusion is - -

If I am getting 12v, 6A, 72W To the Circuit
P= V×I = 72W
Think all my components doesn't suite for this rating. here now my job is to control all these V, A, W from damaging my circuit components

Manu1

Joined Mar 30, 2016

P= V×I = 72W
Think all my components doesn't suite for this rating. here now my job is to control all these V, A, W from damaging my circuit components

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
That's better one, but tried working on simulator but for bulb it gives the options to change only V and W. Why not Amps?.

P= V×I = 72W
Because you don't hook up these devices to a constant current source, you hook them to a voltage source. So you need to know their specified voltages and you need to know their specified power so you can be sure to provide a voltage source that can supply the necessary current. Anyway if you know V and W of the lamps and fans, I is simply W/V - if you supply the correct voltage.

Actually I don't know what it is you are trying to do, you leave us to read your mind. What are the ALL of the givens or fixed values and what are the unknowns or design variables you have to play with? The schematic #12 shows, if all those currents and voltages are correct will produce 4 volts across the two lamps and the fan. Is 4V their rated voltage? Your original schematic is unsolvable because you have too many unkowns.