Combining multiple power inputs to one output

MBK

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hello everyone.

New here, and I have a nagging project problem which I hope some one can help me with.

I am working on a project whereby I have identical 8 outputs of 6.5vdc and 250ma which I want to connect in parallel for a combined current of 2000ma. Now, I have tried connecting all the outputs together in parallel but I still only get around 6.5v and 250ma when for example, charging a battery. I think the reason behind this is that each supply has around a 0.5 second lag (or possibly even less), and so I only ever get the output from 1 supply at any one time.

I need to find a way to combine all 8 inputs and have one output of 6.5v and 2000ma (or as close as possible, with acceptable losses).

I have tested the circuit and it works fine, with all 8 outputs working, but this tiny time lag is preventing me from connecting all outputs together.

The closest thing I've found online is something like a mppt controller where you can have multiple inputs from strings of solar panels, this is too big however and needs to be a small circuit solution.

Your going to think me either crazy or have a really obvious solution!

Thank you in advance for your time.

Mike