Combining d.c ower sources

smartmachine

Joined Jun 15, 2013
Combined d_c sources.JPG

For understanding and practically applying, please provide correct answer/info for the above for adding multiple d.c power sources (it would be convenient if the needed answer/info is given as per following question order, with many Thanks.):
1. Which one of the above is correct, ( (1) or (2) ) ?
2. In the diagram (1) above, is the wing (b) of diodes really needed in the circuit, if it is correctly
attached as per schematic?
3. The d.c power sources are shown here are as rated chargers/adapters. If one of the above (or both) is
correct, do the batteries (Lead acid and dry cell) may be attached as same as per subject?

* Any discrepencies, or detailed guidance in the aboves may be really appreciated for indicating.

Regards.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
This looks like homework. If it is please read about posting questions in the Homework section.

What do you think are the answers? Why?

You need to show your effort on homework, so that we can understand your problem and provide appropriate direction. If your problem is that you don't want to make the effort, no one can help you.

smartmachine

Joined Jun 15, 2013
This looks like homework. If it is please read about posting questions in the Homework section.

What do you think are the answers? Why?

You need to show your effort on homework, so that we can understand your problem and provide appropriate direction. If your problem is that you don't want to make the effort, no one can help you.
Ok, i got this. I didn't know it. Thanks n hope I'll get my answers there.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Neither of the above makes any sense.

What do the currents stated represent?

Why would anyone connect a 12 volt battery across a 3 volt battery, with or without diodes?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
But if they are connected in series as Nandu says, note that they will all be passing the same current.

@nandu

Have a care, if they are connected in parallel you cannot just sum the currents.
Real life is more complicated.