Colour Sensor for Candy Chocolate - Help needed

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Hi Guys,
Could anybody help me out for selecting colour sensor for Candy Colour sensing for one of my projects ?
This sensor should be intelligent enough to send the data to micro-controller to take any decision.
Any applications notes, datasheet or reference design is highly appreciable.

1580225792653.png

Thanks !!!

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I don't know what your project is exactly.
I have used the TCS320 with good luck. You need to have the sensor close to the object. Positioning is important.
I have also used a USB color camera and a Raspberry Pie. The positioning is not important.

Last edited:

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
This project is act
Is this homework or a school project?
[/QUOTE
This project is for consumer electronics and to be deplyed in the field.
This is not somehow school or homework...

Example.....you have 4 candy racks which are filled with let's say 4 colour candy red , green , yellow and blue...
Now you want to detect which colour candy rack is empty after certain consumption and that has to filled again .

Hope this will give basic objective of project.

Thanks !!!

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Hi Guys;

I just want to clarify more about the requirement for color sensing :-

"Applied Color Sensor Based Solution for Sorting in Food
Industry Processing"

Thanks

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
hi mishra,
Look at this link.
https://howtomechatronics.com/tutor...sensing-tutorial-tcs230-tcs3200-color-sensor/

E
Look also at the Pixy2, Search: dronebot pixy2 video
Hi ericgibbs,
I have tried to understand color sensing method from link provied by you.

It was quite interesting to learn. Now using tcs230 I assume we have to hard fix the value of S2 and S3 to detect any color and for example 'LL for Red.

So now my question is how a random color can be read by Ardunio if it hardly fixed by S2 and S3 resistor detect color other than RGB because it is fixed by SW?

Some colleagues arlready mentioned positioning of this module is most important.

2nd option using Color recognition Camera may be more realiable solution but it could be more costly .

Thanks