code for audio delay/echo, and for eq

sagetone

Joined Jun 16, 2016
Hi,

I'm starting an audio project that will be based on a PIC32 or an ARM M3 (micro not finalized yet). Looking for sample/example code for audio delay, aka echo, and for parametric EQ. Please advise where I might find this.

Thank you,

Todd

sagetone

Joined Jun 16, 2016
Hi dannyf,

Been doing quite a bit of that lately! Looking to see if any folks in this forum have any further ideas.

sagetone

Joined Jun 16, 2016
Thanks ErnieM. I'm good on the codecs for now, have a few choices, and a couple boards with codecs already on them. Right now, I'm trying to find code snippets for audio echo/delay, and audio EQ/parametric EQ/filtering.

sagetone

Joined Jun 16, 2016
Thanks ErnieM. I actually work for Microchip, and a bit familiar with what they have. I know that they have EQ code for PIC32. Still missing delay/echo for PIC32, and looking for all of these code examples for M3.

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
Still missing delay/echo for PIC32.
Delay/echo is just offset in time. How hard is it to write from scratch? Is it really more effort in your mind than spending quite considerable time looking for the code on the Internet? I'm not trying to mock you. I'm genuinely want to understand your mindset because I'm working on a development tool.

sagetone

Joined Jun 16, 2016
Thanks NorthGuy. I think you're right, that delay/echo, for example, is not difficult. I'm not a code guy. I'm the audio guy on the project team and am researching example code to give to the smart code guys! :) (Who by the way are NOT audio guys)

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
Thanks NorthGuy. I think you're right, that delay/echo, for example, is not difficult. I'm not a code guy. I'm the audio guy on the project team and am researching example code to give to the smart code guys! :) (Who by the way are NOT audio guys)
I see. I am a code guy. I'm pretty sure your code guys will be able to do this without code examples. And if they fail, you just need better code guys :)