Coaxial jack...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Can anyone explain this connector ? Why is never labeled IN or OUT, is it like SPDIF, AES/EBU, PCM or else... ? If yes, what differs ?
Searches skid to antenna / RF as relates to cable with same axis conductors. Who invents this crappy nomenclature ?

1644163790677.png

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
While it is poor nomenclature (all RCA terminated line level audio cables are coaxial), it arises from the differentiation with the TOSLINK optical interface for S/PIDF digital audio.

1644166100760.png

TOSLINK Optical Connector

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Also, you are going to encounter a lot of half-true and all wrong information about things at this layer of consumer electronics. The "experts" are, in many cases, just consumers of the appliances with little understanding of the underlying technology.

They know how to successfully plug in the various cables, and they know the marketing materials.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
Also, you are going to encounter a lot of half-true and all wrong information about things at this layer of consumer electronics. The "experts" are, in many cases, just consumers of the appliances with little understanding of the underlying technology.

They know how to successfully plug in the various cables, and they know the marketing materials.
"Successfully plug in"

Lol I sure hope so, I myself have over 20 years experience plugging stuff in.