Cmos circuits

cell1987

Joined Nov 30, 2006
can someone help me with drawing these two cmos circuits?

F(x,y,z)=(x'y'z)'
F(x,y,z)=(x'+y+z')'

Actually i tried to draw it but not so sure if im right?
and can u advice me a programme that i can draw these circuits with, on my computer?

thx in advance:)

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I suggest you post your efforts. If there is an error, it will give the members a chance to indicate where your understanding of the process needs correcting.

hgmjr

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
can someone help me with drawing these two cmos circuits?

F(x,y,z)=(x'y'z)'
F(x,y,z)=(x'+y+z')'

Actually i tried to draw it but not so sure if im right?
and can u advice me a programme that i can draw these circuits with, on my computer?

thx in advance:)
Are you looking for a drawing with logic symbols, or are you looking for a layout ready drawing of CMOS transistors, or are you looking for a stick drawing? If you could show us an example of what you have in mind it would be most helpful.

cell1987

Joined Nov 30, 2006
im looking for a layout ready drawing and id like to post my efforts of course but they are all paper:( .thats why i asked for a programme.:)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
These schematic capture tools are not likely to be available for low or no cost, since they are used for custom ASICs and as such they tend to be proprietary and very expensive, like $5000 per seat. You can draw what you have and use a copier/scanner to produce a .gif or .png file.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
A free pacakge that would be usable for your requirements is Chipwise from the University of Kent (download here). You will be able to create sticks diagrams of your CMOS circuits and then sythesise them into physical circuit layouts.

A word of caution with this software: It is quite buggy, and turn your caps lock OFF - it sounds bizarre but the caps lock makes this software do strange things!

Also as help to your general query, you should look at n9352527's and my posts (#4 and #5) in this thread as a good overview of the characteristics of CMOS circuits.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Magic a free and quite capable VLSI layout software. There were projects (quite significant, I might add) that used this package to layout their designs. And the best thing is, it's free :D

cell1987

Joined Nov 30, 2006
uhm ive another question now:)do u know any information about motorola microprocessor?i need a table for progression.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I know lots of information about at least two dozen Motorola processors. Which ones did you have in mind? What exactly is a table for progression?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
What exactly is a table for progression?
I think its a table detailing the progression of the Motorola Processor family from introduction to modern day, therefore is not specific to a particular processor type more so the family. Details would include things like date of introduction for each processor, number of gates, clock frequency, data-bus width etc

Here is an example for Intel Processor Progression (scroll down the page to see the table).

I assume this is what cell1987 is looking for.

Dave

cell1987

Joined Nov 30, 2006
yes thats what im looking for but cant find one for motorola:(.actually we got the intel progression in the class and motorola is my homework