Clarification with common collector...

clickman

Joined Dec 9, 2016
Your emitter resistor is way to large. When the transistor is off, this is the only path to ground for the speaker, so the negative half of the cycle is severely attenuated, giving you a very distorted output.

Change the emitter resistor to 8 Ohms and the output capacitor to 1000uF. According to my simulation, this gives you about 450mV on the output.

Bob
I agree , i've simulated with those conditions and seen that data too.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
well, first i would like to get familiar with it and then build some.
Here's (Ckt 1) a simple push-pull audio amp for voice frequencies using only 4 transistors, to learn the basics.
It will only put out a few hundred mW of power maximum into an 8 ohm speaker, but that's enough for a reasonable volume level.

Here's a more elaborate design that can output a maximum of about 10W into a 4Ω load or 5W into an 8Ω load.
It has negative feedback from the output to the input to reduce distortion.

clickman

Joined Dec 9, 2016
Here's (Ckt 1) a simple push-pull audio amp for voice frequencies using only 4 transistors, to learn the basics.
It will only put out a few hundred mW of power maximum into an 8 ohm speaker, but that's enough for a reasonable volume level.

Here's a more elaborate design that can output a maximum of about 10W into a 4Ω load or 5W into an 8Ω load.
It has negative feedback from the output to the input to reduce distortion.
thanks are interesting and illustrative