Circuit to Compare voltage of dc source at different time interval

zumble

Joined Aug 20, 2018
I want to design a circuit in which the maximum dc 50 volt can be compared with previous voltage of same source. After that on the basic of programming it act accordingly .Suggest the controller .Drawing.jpeg

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You need to define your question more precisely. Is the previous sample 1 nS ago or 10 years ago ?
I don't think you will find that an IC that will do what you want. I think you will have to use a microcontroller with a built in ADC (Or external ADC if the internal ones available do not meet your reqirements. You will have to scale down the 50 volts to match the specification of the ADC. (Probably to 5 volts or 3.3 volts. You will then have to program the microcontroller to take the voltage measurments, store them and then make the desisions based on what you actually require.

Les.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
LesJones is correct use a micro controller like Pic12F675
or use the pic16f690 and output to rs232/i2c/Spi.

few lines of programming.

Picbuster

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
UP easiest, like use an ATTINY and a few lines of Bascom basic
code and the A/D in ATTINY to do it. A/D can function as S/H.

Or use a simple sample and hold circuit and a comparator to do the
job. But thats more parts.

Regards, Dana.

zumble

Joined Aug 20, 2018
You need to define your question more precisely. Is the previous sample 1 nS ago or 10 years ago ?
I don't think you will find that an IC that will do what you want. I think you will have to use a microcontroller with a built in ADC (Or external ADC if the internal ones available do not meet your reqirements. You will have to scale down the 50 volts to match the specification of the ADC. (Probably to 5 volts or 3.3 volts. You will then have to program the microcontroller to take the voltage measurments, store them and then make the desisions based on what you actually require.

Les.
Thanks for the reply.
Time period is 3second.
Source is Dc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
When you say "compare", do you mean you simply want to know if one measurement is greater/less than the other, or do you mean you need to know (and possibly display) the two measurement values? The latter would almost certainly involve a microcontroller.

zumble

Joined Aug 20, 2018
When you say "compare", do you mean you simply want to know if one measurement is greater/less than the other, or do you mean you need to know (and possibly display) the two measurement values? The latter would almost certainly involve a microcontroller.
I want to know that signal is grater or less than the other