Circuit Noise

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Is the motor powered from the same powersupply?
Use some capacitors of >10 uF and 0.1 uF on the power connections of the motor.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS use the most left button to reply, the one on the right of it will start a new thread.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Along with Bertus' suggestion of the caps across the motor's supply, use a diode in reverse (cathode towards +v) connected across the motor. This will help to eliminate the reverse-EMF spikes when the brushes break contact.

yasir_66

Joined Jun 25, 2009
there are two pots
1 is of 100k pot which is for increasing decreasing frequency of 555 & another pot is of 5k which is for controlling motor's revolution.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you have the schematic of the complete setup?
So the counter, the NE555, the optocoupler, the motor and potmeter connections.

Greetings,
Bertus

yasir_66

Joined Jun 25, 2009
ok ill make schematic on paper then ill send u snap & i used insulated wires(used in transformer's winding) in this circuit so does it effect? or leakage resistance producing by it?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
ok ill make schematic on paper then ill send u snap
(meaning post an image of the schematic)
Do you know that you can download certain schematic capture programs and use them as freeware? Cadsoft Eagle is one that you can use to make not only schematics, but small circuit boards as well. Google will tell you where to download it.

I used insulated wires(used in transformer's winding) in this circuit so does it effect? or leakage resistance producing by it?
That is fine for the CMOS part, as long as you scraped/burned off the insulation where you needed to solder it.

Oh, and instead of an "optocoupler", you have a "photointerruptor", or "OPTICAL INTERRUPTER SWITCH". Fairchild makes a similar looking device with a part number of H21A1; you can find it's datasheet searching for that part number.

Bertus and I were trying to tell you to connect capacitors and a diode across the motor's connection, like this:

Attachments

Last edited:

yasir_66

Joined Jun 25, 2009
ok sgtwookie ill connect cap & diode.
& yes that is photointerruptor i made mistake.
you mean insulated wire is good choice for CMOS?
can i use these insulated in future with CMOS?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
you mean insulated wire is good choice for CMOS?
can i use these insulated in future with CMOS?
Your salvaged transformer wire will work fine with small projects like this. CMOS IC's don't require much current. It looks like the salvaged transformer wire is rather small gauge. It would probably have too much resistance for high current circuits.