Circuit keeps overloading my Microcontroller. Anything I can add/subtract?

patrickstefanski

Joined Apr 15, 2017
Would you happen to know how to turn that "thermal slots" feature off in Eagle? I just made a polygon around the whole board and that's how it rats nested them. Not sure how to turn that off....

Yeah I ordered the hot air tool, been meaning to anyway.

patrickstefanski

Joined Apr 15, 2017
Just wanted to update this post.
After properly grounding all the pins on the 5v Regulator and making thicker traces, the board works perfectly! Thanks for all the help!

Zaishens

Joined May 20, 2019
Just wanted to update this post.
After properly grounding all the pins on the 5v Regulator and making thicker traces, the board works perfectly! Thanks for all the help!
Nice to hear it worked out. Out of my interest did you successfully solder the middle of the Voltage regulator? And did you get rid of the slots?

patrickstefanski

Joined Apr 15, 2017
Ziashens.

1. Yes, I did get the center pad soldered with on the voltage regulator with my *new* hot air tool, that worked great.
2. Yes and no. When I removed the thermal slots from my design, I got worried about the ability to still solder easily in some areas, so rather than use the program the remove all thermal slots, I just changed my 'wire' tool in Eagle to a huge size and covered all the thermal slots I specifically wanted to remove. i.e. I set the width huge and then manually connected the NC pins of the voltage regulator and the center pad. The trace was so huge that it covered those particular slots without affecting the rest of the board. I'm sure there was an easier way, but, that's what i did.