Circuit Explanation

Andy Larson

Joined Mar 26, 2015
I have recently found in a my friend garage a book of "electronic components". He let me have them. I discovered three unfinished breadboards. Is there anyone that can help me figure out what they were meant todo?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You discovered three unfinished breadboards in a book????

Post good pictures (but NOT huge files, please) and we'll see where that takes things.

Andy Larson

Joined Mar 26, 2015
Sry I aplogize for the slightly confusion. I meant box not book.
Here is a Dropbox link for those boards. They are videos, it's just easier trust me. I can post more detailed pictures if requested. Thank you guys for helping.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There is no way that anyone (other than you) is going to be able to make heads or tails out of those boards. My recommendation would be to depopulate them, be happy about the free protoboards, components, and wires that you got and hope that most of the components are actually still good. If you really want to figure out what the circuits DO, then first map out what the circuits ARE. Look up the pinouts for each of the ICs and then reconstruct the schematics wire by wire. Once you have that done, then maybe (huge emphasis on MAYBE) we can take some reasonably informed guesses as to what the purpose of the circuit MIGHT have been.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Sharp still pictures would also help. The last video has some LED on it, and the white IC are 16-pin resistor network. 2.2K Ohm. There is also a 74123N IC on the breadboard. I guess that is a "Dual Retriggerable One-Shot with Clear and Complementary Outputs"

I got this from Google:
Resistor network: Beckman 898-1-R 2.2
Dual Retriggerable: 74123N

But, as WBahn says, the only way to be sure, is to recreate, or you could talk to the guy who made them. :)

Andy Larson

Joined Mar 26, 2015
Thank you all. I may get time later this week to schematic them out. I have attempted to before. But it's so hard to find them online