Circuit Design

Nessprade

Joined Mar 15, 2021
Hello,

I need to make a circuit that need to change 220-230v 50 hz sin wave to 10v 4k hz square wave.

Due to my research at internet i couldn't find anything so any help is appreciated.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ness,
Welcome to AAC.

As this is Homework please post your best attempt at answering the question, we can then help you.

E

Nessprade

Joined Mar 15, 2021
So, i'm an engineer intern and this will be my first assignment. Therefore to print this out I'll appreciate every help since i lack a lot of information about this.

For the circuit I'll need 22:1 rated transformer for voltage drop then Schmidt Trigger will do the work that will gave me square wave. The problem is i stucked at the frequency multiplier part. I don't know what should i use.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ness,
A transformer 22: 1... 230/22 =~10.5Vrms.
Do you know how to configure a full wave rectifier for this 10.5Vac, to turn it into a DC voltage.??
E

Nessprade

Joined Mar 15, 2021
the thing is i'll still need ac voltage therefore no need to convert to dc with rectifier. i need help with the frequence multiplier.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
the thing is i'll still need ac voltage therefore no need to convert to dc with rectifier. i need help with the frequence multiplier.
You are suffering as many new to electronics do ,
they come up with an idea, then follow it, which is good
But you must be open to other ideas.

First question I would ask is , how do I make a square wave out ?
you have concluded to use a frequency multiplier and a Schmitt,
there are other ways to make a square wave

have a look around for square wave generation circuits, see what you find.