Circuit boards in LaFarrari Ride On Toy

charming

Joined Feb 16, 2022
I have a LaFarrair Ride on car toy that the rear wheels won’t work with either the "gas" pedal in the car or with the remote control. All of the electronics in the front work; horn, engine sounds, front wheels steering. We have hot wired the wheel motors they work. We have removed the pedal and pedal switch and connected there are 2 wires coming out of the hole in the car where the pedal was which we have twisted together but still circuit ride on car copy.jpgnothing happens. Could it be a circuit board? I have attached photos of the 2 boards. I know nothing about circuit boards. Any ideas on how to get this running for my granddaughter?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
There is a silver looking wire in the bottom box, where is that going to? It looks disconnected somehow, or touching the heatsink of that transistor.
If it is an electronic fault, it would likely be related to the two relays and what is driving them. Listen if they click when you try to go forward or back. If no click, then the driver chips are likely bad. You have a few of them...
If the relays click, then it may be possible the contacts are burnt out or something after the relay is bad.
I would suspect the two transistors with the heatsinks as a starting point.

charming

Joined Feb 16, 2022
Sorry for bothering everyone with this. My husband said he isn't spending anymore time on this car and I have no idea how to do the things you are talking about so I am putting it out on the curb. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm sure they are great.
Note to admin: should I remove this post or would it be helpful to leave it?

charming

Joined Feb 16, 2022
I agree C5 looks damaged but, depending where it is in the circuit, it may stop it working. In any case it needs replacing.
I'm sorry, I don't know what a C5 looks like or how to replace it. Would anyone be willing to walk me through it? If not I understand. I just hate to put it on the curb.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I know someone who can solder.
Can they also troubleshoot electronics?
Where would I get a C5?
You need to read the markings on the side of the cap. That will give the capacitance, voltage, and temperature range. You can buy caps from places like Jameco, Newark, Mouser, Digikey, etc. You also need to consider the diameter of the can and the space between the leads. The cap in question is a radial package (vs axial).

This might be the wiring diagram:
1646700963954.png
Do the front wheels operate in forward and reverse directions? Is the connector fastened correctly? Is the self-recovery fuse in a low resistance state?

1646701099530.png

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You need to read the writing on the component itself. It will give a capacitance and a voltage rating and you should match these, and the size with the replacement.
For instance the picture below shows a 35V 680uF capacitor. Note also the stripe down the side. This component must be fitted the right way round and that stripe marks the negative lead. Note where that stripe is on the original component.
1646701334290.png

charming

Joined Feb 16, 2022
Can they also troubleshoot electronics?
You need to read the markings on the side of the cap. That will give the capacitance, voltage, and temperature range. You can buy caps from places like Jameco, Newark, Mouser, Digikey, etc. You also need to consider the diameter of the can and the space between the leads. The cap in question is a radial package (vs axial).

This might be the wiring diagram:
View attachment 262278
Do the front wheels operate in forward and reverse directions? Is the connector fastened correctly? Is the self-recovery fuse in a low resistance state?

View attachment 262279
Thank you so much Dennis. I'm afraid this is above my pay grade because hard as I try I have no idea what you are trying to tell me. The front wheels have power steering, it's a rear drive vehicle.
I actually trash picked this, thought maybe I just needed a new battery but no... I also have a Maserati ride on but that doesn't work either. If I could find someone to fix them they could have their pick but no luck so far.

charming

Joined Feb 16, 2022
You need to read the writing on the component itself. It will give a capacitance and a voltage rating and you should match these, and the size with the replacement.
For instance the picture below shows a 35V 680uF capacitor. Note also the stripe down the side. This component must be fitted the right way round and that stripe marks the negative lead. Note where that stripe is on the original component.
View attachment 262281
Thank you so much. I'm realizing this is not something I can tackle. I appreciate everyone who is trying to help.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
We have removed the pedal and pedal switch and connected there are 2 wires coming out of the hole in the car where the pedal was which we have twisted together but still nothing happens.
I'd disconnect the wires to make sure they weren't interfering with the remote. If the remote works, that would give us something to work with.

I'm in Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona Beach, Fl
@Papabravo Do you know anyone who might be able to help this member?