christmas loot

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
gots me a new o-scope!
A real one this time!
I can post specs if anyone wants

also, an LC meter kit and a weller soldering station!
(and a pink floyd coffee mug and a TV-B-Gone kit and an origional xbox and skyrim [been playing that ALL day] and some other stuffs)

OH, almost forgot, I got two books about tesla, one is somewhat of a biography, the other is a book about his inventions actually written by him himself

Happy Me!!:D

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I guess Christmas is celebrated early in your family?

I played the elder scrolls morrowind game a few year ago. I was totally addicted. it was one of the only computer or console games I every played (in addition to DOOM on DOS, and a 3 month escape into the WOW). I fear if I got an xbox and skyrim, I would start showing up to work late, not bathing, being irritated at my family for disturbing me, etc. There is a reason I dont play games.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
BE CAREFUL PEOPLE! Skyrim is known to be highly addictive and cause immersive gameplay, realistic graphics, vast character development, endless sidestories, difficult ethical dillemas and plentiful dragonslaying.

BEGIN AT YOUR OWN RISK!

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Elder Scrolls is very addictive. I would play Oblivion for hours, now I'm tempted to buy Skyrim - I've heard many persuasive stories.

Resident Evil and Dino Crisis for the PS1 I really enjoyed, I liked my classics.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Skyrim is soooo muuuuch goooood
it's like oblivion, but the graphics are amazing, and there's so many more quests, like, a bazillion and a half, and you can play for a good 10 hours and feel like you've barely even started to make a dent in the total number of quests.
then theres mini quests in just about every single building you go to. then you decide to go to the college of magic, and then on the way you spend an hour investigating murders and this lighthouse and 4 hours in an abandoned dwarve place with sentrys and blood everywhere and journals from missing travelers and bodies and stuff.
then you finally escape and get to the college and all of the sudden youre launched into little quest/training activite that becomes a massive quest and it's all so much to do.

Still, don't got nothing on fallout 3.
That game was the last time I was ever actually addicted to a game.
New vegas was good, but by comparison it was disappointing.
I loved everything about that game... everything...
and I was sad when I realized that I had completed every single quest and discovered every single location... so sad...
I still listen to the music from that game...

BE CAREFUL PEOPLE! Skyrim is known to be highly addictive and cause immersive gameplay, realistic graphics, vast character development, endless sidestories, difficult ethical dillemas and plentiful dragonslaying.

BEGIN AT YOUR OWN RISK!
do you mean moral?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Yep, moral, thanks for the correction.

True, I like the Fallout series better, mostly due to the post-apocalyptic theme. Fallout 3 had a better story, but I think New Vegas had more gameplay hours (I think) and better loot. Kinda less buggy too.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Bethesda Studios ruined New Vegas. In effect, I felt their was limits to what you were allowed to do, where sides would turn on you if you helped their enemy. Weaponry was a lot better this time round compared to Fallout 3.

Elder Scrolls you get more "bang-for-buck" as far as gameplay is concerned.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Yeah, but I would trade Skyrim for New Vegas any day. It's true that I too wasn't satisfied with the final three options that the New Vegas ending provided. But the following four DLCs made you easily forget it.

What did you want to do (apart from the ending) that NV didn't allow you to?

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, but I would trade Skyrim for New Vegas any day. It's true that I too wasn't satisfied with the final three options that the New Vegas ending provided. But the following four DLCs made you easily forget it.

What did you want to do (apart from the ending) that NV didn't allow you to?
I can't remember for sure, but everywhere I went everybody seemed to open fire on me.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I didn't blow up Megaton. I always build a lawful character, lawful/neutral at most. Since I always stick to a lawful faction and take the trouble to help most factions (Brotherhood of Steel, NCR, Settlers etc) the only people shooting at me on sight were raiders, mutants and the Legion.

Who's the fat man in red?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Bethesda Studios ruined New Vegas. In effect, I felt their was limits to what you were allowed to do, where sides would turn on you if you helped their enemy. Weaponry was a lot better this time round compared to Fallout 3.

Elder Scrolls you get more "bang-for-buck" as far as gameplay is concerned.
I don't know, I really liked the aura fallout 3 had about it. The western thing doesn't sit well with me.
The DC thing made me love it.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Pff, weakling...

But I feel for you, you still live with your parents. When you get to stay alone, you can really give videogames a beating.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Yea, that was just a school nightwhen I had stuff to do (last day of school today)
And a final I didn't study for
It's just calculus, I can do it in my sleep :p

anyway, when I first got harvest moon for the gamecube, I woke up at 5 in the morning, literally ran to the basement, played until mom forced me to eat lunch, shoved down half a bagel, and played till dinner, then after dinner played until thye forced me to go to bed (this was quite some time ago, I was probably 11-12) probably played for 20 hours straight
then repeat that for the next 3 days
I don't know what it was about that game that was so addicting...