Choose Impedance Value of Ferrite bead

SerkanYavuz

Joined Jul 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
For example;
In my Pcb, I want to use Smps IC but Vout will have noise. Smps works with 2.5 Mhz. What should be impedance value. How can I chose this value ?

SerkanYavuz

Joined Jul 17, 2020
Hello,
Where you want to place ferrite beads? at each ICs input?
Hi,
I am doing an internship now. My engineer asked to me that "How do you choose impedance value of Ferrit beads so what is criterion of it? Random or is there any rules? ". It is just a research. According to what we decided? maybe impedance matching?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It sounds like he is trying to get you to find and answer and then discuss the theory behind that answer with him. He probably already knows the answer. It may help for your to look at some datasheets or catalogs for some clues.

SerkanYavuz

Joined Jul 17, 2020
Yes, indeed, it sounds like that. The idea is that you find our some information and then discuss with your engineer about the theory and practical aspects
It sounds like he is trying to get you to find and answer and then discuss the theory behind that answer with him. He probably already knows the answer. It may help for your to look at some datasheets or catalogs for some clues.
Yes, I am sure that he knows but he wants me to learn small detail. I think it is good to my research skill. Also My english is improving.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Your first step is to understand the problem you are trying to solve. Part of that is understanding what constitutes an acceptable solution to that problem.

So if the problem is that the SMPS is injecting too much noise into the final output, you need to determine how much noise it is injecting (and at what frequencies) and how much noise is tolerable. Only then can you start designing a noise mitigation approach that will solve the problem.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
A clue, look at the data sheet, you will see a plot of impedance against frequency,
why do you think thats present ? Whats it telling you ?