China Still making new CRT Oscilloscopes.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Came across this and it blew my mind! Single Channel, CRT (not an LCD), 2MHz Oscilloscope. Only $190 to US What a bargain :eek: But you have to be able to read chinese... I can only assume they think there is a market for it to still make and sell them.
1607579416078.png
No BNC connectors for Probes! o_O Truly amazing...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I get the feeling that it doesn't even have triggered sweep. You can see waveforms but time mesaurements would be guesses. Aliexpress has this for $109.32. It just might be worth it.

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
If it were a little cheaper, I would buy one just do display lissajous waves all day long.
It would be a nice conversation piece on any lab!;)

@Joey: I am so jealous! Magnificent scope you got there.

Reading the Chinese labels;
One could actually figure them out without having to translate them.
The button with the Led must be power on.
The three pots on the right of the screen must be intensity, focus and graticule illumination. Fiddling with them will tell you which does what.
The pair of rotary switches are labeled X and Y, those must be the scale.

On the bottom row, there are a pair of pots on the right which have an X. Those must be X position and fine attenuation.

Likewise, on the left two pots have a Y label, again position and attenuation for Y.

The middle pot must be the timebase fine adjustment.

tautech

Joined Oct 8, 2019
Came across this and it blew my mind! Single Channel, CRT (not an LCD), 2MHz Oscilloscope. Only $190 to US What a bargain :eek: But you have to be able to read chinese... I can only assume they think there is a market for it to still make and sell them.
View attachment 224537
No BNC connectors for Probes! o_O Truly amazing...
At just 2 MHz BW you can work with just DMM probes. Lots of early old low BW CRO's used banana sockets or binding posts.

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
I'm not in a position to check what my exactly my scope is, but I have an older CRT oscilloscope myself - analog/digital hybrid I bought about 8 years ago. If my memory serves me correctly, it's a Tektronix 2221A, but I don't exactly remember. Works wonderfully, though if I need to save data I have to use my computer-connected digital scope.
I do find it somewhat shocking that anyone is still manufacturing CRT scopes, though. I could also just be oblivious.