charging 3v

aac9876

Joined Dec 9, 2006
my small shaver says it has a 3v dc battery but the charger says its 6 v 150 ma.
do you think this is a mis print or is it ok because the ma are so little.I thought 10% over voltage was the norm.
I also have a dell pda,5.4v, that I am powering on 4.5 dc, no battery.
The battery died so I chucked it. When I put 6v to it nothing happens at all.
4.5v makes the lite flickr and if I unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times it turns on. Do you think they have it circuited so it can tell that 6v is too much
and block it??? the charger for it is 5.4v. I am going to adapt a mini usb to standard pin and try running it off my Motorola phone charger 5v.;)

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
my small shaver says it has a 3v dc battery but the charger says its 6 v 150 ma.
do you think this is a mis print or is it ok because the ma are so little.I thought 10% over voltage was the norm.
I also have a dell pda,5.4v, that I am powering on 4.5 dc, no battery.
The battery died so I chucked it. When I put 6v to it nothing happens at all.
4.5v makes the lite flickr and if I unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times it turns on. Do you think they have it circuited so it can tell that 6v is too much
and block it??? the charger for it is 5.4v. I am going to adapt a mini usb to standard pin and try running it off my Motorola phone charger 5v.;)
Chargers use higher voltages than the one is given by the batteries, even to charge them. I would not be surprised to see such values.

I can't give a specific answer to your problem since I'm not familiar with such devices.