changing the output on a variable power supply

AznGothic

Joined Feb 17, 2008
I have a variable power supply that puts out 19.5VDC when the potentiometer is one way and about 27.3VDC turned the other way. I need a power supply that is 14.4-14.6VDC. Can I simply change the potentiometer on the variable power supply to a different value potentiometer so that I can get 14.4VDC? Or is there more to it than just that? The power supply label says it's 27A in case that's relevant.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Easy to modify, can you get model number or circuit diagram, otherwise need to open it up take pictures of the inside, note any regulators ic's etc...

AznGothic

Joined Feb 17, 2008
I do not have a schematic and it doesn't have any consumer type labels on it. It is from the military and they usually put their own labels in things. It also doesn't have a cover though so I can snap some pics and upload them. I honestly want a power supply that puts out 50-100A but seeing how those are pretty expensive I figured I would put this one to use if it can be modified. Would I lose any of the amperage output after modification?

AznGothic

Joined Feb 17, 2008
Ok. I'll be heading to my shop in a minute. Takes about 20mins to get there. I'll snap pics and upload them as soon as I'm there. Thank you for the help :)