Changing my solar and wind power display

Bogdan.m

Joined Apr 20, 2019
So far my project looks like this(see attachment)
It's not too bad, but not too good either. I want to change this whole setup with a 16x4 display, where i can display solar v, windmill v, batteries v, the amount of amps being pushed into batteries, and amount of amps being drawn from batteries, maybe som watts readings if i get enough space left on the lcd. Now the question is, is there a way to measure those 75mv for each ammeter from the shunt, and the 0-30v ?

Attachments

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Do you have a schematic detailing what's inside your box? It's a very nice panel, although it could use some labels, but the picture doesn't tell us much about what the box is doing.

Bogdan.m

Joined Apr 20, 2019
The box is just measuring things, like solar panel V, wind mill V, batteries, V, how many amps are being pushed into the batteries, and how many amps i use from the batteries, that's it.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
What do you plan on using to control the display?

You have 3 voltage measurements and two current measurements. Do you have something that can make those measurements and control the display as well? If so what is it?

Now the question is, is there a way to measure those 75mv for each ammeter from the shunt, and the 0-30v ?
Does this mean you are planning on using the existing ammeter shunts?

Bogdan.m

Joined Apr 20, 2019
i can use an arduino for this, and yes, the shunts are a must at these currents. I was thinking that for the voltage readings i can use a simple voltage divider, and for the current an op amp. Would this configuration work ?

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
i can use an arduino for this, and yes, the shunts are a must at these currents. I was thinking that for the voltage readings i can use a simple voltage divider, and for the current an op amp. Would this configuration work ?
An Arduino is a good choice.

Since the voltages you are measuring are outside of the working range of the Arduino inputs, I recommend using a 5v zener diode to protect your inputs. This would be in the case that the divided voltage exceeds the Arduino 5v input range.

V_Divider w-Zener.PNG

Do the same for the op-amp inputs as well.